General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: With the new stadium at Strafield Brake, Would Oxford City be asked to move in and ground share with us?.

No.. oxford city already have planning permission in to add a new stand to court place farm, their ambition Is to reach league 2 where they will develop court place farm in to a 5k capacity. They aren't going to want to play in an 18k stadium at any point in the near future.

Thinking about a groundshare, how would people feel if a big rugby club played at the new ground, but we benefitted from it and recieved the rent money? Could be some much needed long term regular income, and it wouldn’t be like when London Welsh played at the Kassam and all the money went to Firoz as we’d be the ones benefitting and could ensure the pitch receives the correct care it needs to host two sports.

Thinking about a groundshare, how would people feel if a big rugby club played at the new ground, but we benefitted from it and recieved the rent money? Could be some much needed long term regular income, and it wouldn’t be like when London Welsh played at the Kassam and all the money went to Firoz as we’d be the ones benefitting and could ensure the pitch receives the correct care it needs to host two sports.
Please,no,no,no.all sorts of pitch problems.

No to rugby, but if oufc ladies got in to the super league we could share the ground with them?

Wonder if in a year or 2 the criteria for artificial football pitches will change with latest pitch technology.

The petition has 2529 signatures and is targeting 3000 now.

NO, NEVER

Agree with all the above regarding the rugby, but at least if it were to happen at least we would be the ones benefitting from it, but for me I’d rather it was just used for football.

I’ve seen some opposition:

They have bigger problems....

At least the stadium would be a positive for the new homes. :)

I’ve seen some opposition:

nimbys - probably as misinformed as that clueless woman whose 'opposition' letter was published in today's Ox Mail ..... I personally know of 10 Kidlington residents(3 are OUFC ST holders) who are in favour of the new stadium ( they've signed the OxVox petition already too )... and Im sure there a plenty more in favour in OX5

nimbys - probably as misinformed as that clueless woman whose 'opposition' letter was published in today's Ox Mail ..... I personally know of 10 Kidlington residents(3 are OUFC ST holders) who are in favour of the new stadium ( they've signed the OxVox petition already too )... and Im sure there a plenty more in favour in OX5

Ask them write to their Cllr, Sarge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom