General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's going well...

Lets not go googling "drunk football louts" then. :rolleyes:

Believe me the behaviour at Rugby is streets ahead of football and that is why they get nice things and we don`t.

Makes for a far nicer match day experience that's for sure.

Still can’t watch games with alcohol from a hospitality box.
Is that true? I rented one for that Easter Wrexham match in 2009, when Constable won it with a last minute header. I'm pretty certain we were served alcoholic drinks although there may have been a rule that you couldn't take them out to the external seats.

I'm from Kidlington. I'm already thinking a pre-match drink at the stadium but into town after the match.

I've not bothered with Oxford's city centre for around ten years now.

Having the stadium at Stratfield would encourage me back to the City at the weekends

i found this post in "New Stadium Plans", but not in "General - summary of The New Stadium Thread?

Are they the same?
Yes.

Is that true? I rented one for that Easter Wrexham match in 2009, when Constable won it with a last minute header. I'm pretty certain we were served alcoholic drinks although there may have been a rule that you couldn't take them out to the external seats.
Yes they close a curtain if alcoholic drinks are being consumed inside. The rule is along the lines of; drinks can’t be consumed with a view of the pitch.

Believe me the behaviour at Rugby is streets ahead of football and that is why they get nice things and we don`t.

I didn't need to search far, I was aware of all of these stories. Mostly Wales fans, granted, but the police are having more and more problems with the egg chasing lot. I will add that nearly all of the issues seem to be at international level, not club.

I hope thought is given to the layout of the away end, the concourse and related facilities, so as to be able to easily facilitate different away followings and in each scenario minimal segregation, possibly in blocks of 900 ie So two blocks = 1,800 (10% capacity for league games) another block of 900, giving total of 2,700 (15% capacity for Cup games). The first 900 section could also be used for small away followings (eg Morecambe & Wycombe) leaving 17,100 seats for home fans.
The blocks, stairwells, entrances, dividing walls in concourse would need to be designed giving flexibility and minimal segregation in each scenario without wasting huge blocks of empty seats.
This could be extended to facilitate larger away followings in blocks of 900, (eg 3,600, 4,500 etc) when we would not fill our 16,200 seats.
What is the requirement for away allocation the in the Champions League? We could build that in as well!

A really sweet stadium that i would be ecstatic with tbh, this is a picture of the away end, the home end has the Brew Hall and has pretty much no roof
which is the only thing that i would change, keep the brew hall and move the roof from the away end over to the home end.

View attachment 7802
Would practically be the Manor Ground if we kept the away supporters out in the cold, with no roof to create an atmosphere!

What a shame we still have to worry about segregation and all that that involves. That's one thing rugger followers don't have to contend with.

Yes they close a curtain if alcoholic drinks are being consumed inside. The rule is along the lines of; drinks can’t be consumed with a view of the pitch.
Not just a 'rule' the law is that football fans (& only from football fans) can't drink within sight of the pitch.
Exec boxes have things like curtains to stop you spying the dangerous sight of a footballer kicking a ball whilst in possession of an overpriced beer.

I spoke about the new stadium to colleague from Kidlington who is not an Oxford fan. He was dead against the new stadium because he thought his landlord would put his rent up. I hope most other Kidlingtonians are thinking that it will increase the price of property locally because I would guess that most of them are home owners. I had thought that the presence of football stadia would have a negative effect on property prices but maybe my opinion is out of date, being partly informed by the film Fever Pitch.

Behaviour at rugby in Cardiff is far worse than football according to the Police themselves.

Also, rugby league has its own crowd trouble problems. Games at Twickenham have been known to have issues, ie. a group of drunk rugby fans starting a scrum with a car being driven by a woman going past the stadium.

There's a lot that don't want it, nor the house's
A lot didn't want Oxford parkway neither.
It did push up the house prices
There's lots of people moved since the train station has opened &a lot more houses to let from what I can see
The demographics of Kidlington has changed, & in process of changing so I think it's fair to say some people are not happy
Not eveybodys an Oxford utd fan I'm afraid

Eh. I quite like the adversarial singing between a home and away end. Hate any fighting but wouldn’t want it like rugby where it’s all mixed - much too tame.
Same here, I don't want mixed fans. Football is tribal, that's where the best atmospheres come from, being in a small group of away fans outnumbered but loud. Wouldn't be the same if fans were mixed in together.

I don't want drinking during football either to be honest, have a few before, watch the game, have a few afterwards.

(not that it will ever happen).

I hope thought is given to the layout of the away end, the concourse and related facilities, so as to be able to easily facilitate different away followings and in each scenario minimal segregation, possibly in blocks of 900 ie So two blocks = 1,800 (10% capacity for league games) another block of 900, giving total of 2,700 (15% capacity for Cup games). The first 900 section could also be used for small away followings (eg Morecambe & Wycombe) leaving 17,100 seats for home fans.
The blocks, stairwells, entrances, dividing walls in concourse would need to be designed giving flexibility and minimal segregation in each scenario without wasting huge blocks of empty seats.
This could be extended to facilitate larger away followings in blocks of 900, (eg 3,600, 4,500 etc) when we would not fill our 16,200 seats.
What is the requirement for away allocation the in the Champions League? We could build that in as well!
Give them all the south stand behind the goal, which should be about 3k capacity, which is plenty for an away following.

Possibly, one more segregated area in the west stand for the very rare occasion an away following would be that big... or that we would want that many away fans.

I went to a 20/20 cricket match last summer in Cardiff. Mixed Swansea and Cardiff footy fans completely tanked up.

Started off as a bit of bants, but it didn't end well.....

Last edited:
Same here, I don't want mixed fans. Football is tribal, that's where the best atmospheres come from, being in a small group of away fans outnumbered but loud. Wouldn't be the same if fans were mixed in together.

I don't want drinking during football either to be honest, have a few before, watch the game, have a few afterwards.

(not that it will ever happen).
Yes I’m the least hard person imaginable but the home and away fans chanting at each other does create atmosphere and can be funny.

There's a lot that don't want it, nor the house's
A lot didn't want Oxford parkway neither.
It did push up the house prices
There's lots of people moved since the train station has opened &a lot more houses to let from what I can see
The demographics of Kidlington has changed, & in process of changing so I think it's fair to say some people are not happy
Not eveybodys an Oxford utd fan I'm afraid

Maybe you should remind them they only own their house not the whole village and just because they don't want something near them doesn't mean it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom