General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think just ‘Stratfield Brake’ would be a decent name for a ground. But as others have said I’m sure it’ll end up being sponsored.
Yep, I agree. And that it also sounds like a great name for an Indie band also adds to the appeal for me. But I guess it'll end up named after a sponsor - which is a big improvement on being named after a poor former owner.

I'm over the moon with this Stadium plan, not just for what it means for the club I love, but for kidlington as a whole.

Stratfield Brake as a sports facility is not fit for purpose, the cricket pitches are poor and has a pavilion too far away from the boundary due to cost cutting when it was built (they couldn't afford to move the overhead power lines).

The rugby and football pitches water log and the football pitches are poorly kept and so far away from the clubhouse that it makes watching my kids football matches a chore especially if siblings are there too and need the loo.

Added to that the astro turf at gosford leisure centre which hasn't been resurfaced since it was laid in the early 2000s (when I was still at school) so it is dangerous to play on in the winter-not ideal for all weather pitches.

So better facilities for kids to play sport is a must.

Then there's the added benefit to kidlington, added foot fall for local businesses and pubs on match days and hopefully a nice restaurant or two.

So fingers crossed it will all go through, and any STOP THE STADIUM signs or banners put up in kidlington will be ripped back down with pleasure by myself.

COYY
Great to hear. The masterplan shows a couple of rugby pitches and currently one of the rugby pitches there is floodlit so I'd imagine one of the new pitches will be a floodlit 4G pitch similar to the one at Whitelands Farm in Bicester which was built a couple of years ago.

Very likely. No idea which company but I think you can put money on it being an Indonesian company. Just hope we can pronounce it :rolleyes:
Based on recent ads on the perimeter boards, I’m going for “The Ethical Coconuts Arena” - can’t remember the actual company name. That and Shanghai Glazing - wtaf? 😂😂😂

Based on recent ads on the perimeter boards, I’m going for “The Ethical Coconuts Arena” - can’t remember the actual company name. That and Shanghai Glazing - wtaf? 😂😂😂
Chaokoh. Interestingly not on PETA's list of ethical coconut brands (ie ones that don't use monkeys).

700 bus goes through Headington, from the Churchill hosp, (i think? -calls at JR hosp) down Headley way, along Marston Ferry link road , onto Banbury road, through Summertown, then calls in at Oxford Parkway ..... though it DOESNT run evenings or weekends ..... something the powers that be perhaps should speak to Stagecoach about when the new stadium ( and ice rink?) are built
The 700
It goes, Kidlington,
Summertown, Marston ferry rd, jr, up headlyway.
Then to Brookes uni, the warnford, Churchill, Nuffield, hospitals.
Then windmill rd, London rd shops, osler rd then back into the jr & back to Kidlington.
It takes ages.
That was my first post about buses😉

The Bakrie family have a University named after them: https://www.bakrie.ac.id/

Bakrie Park?!

No. Lets keep it neutral to something that does not reflect any owner, past or present, that can be carried over to our next owner(s).
I like the name of the location. Something like: (insert big paying sponsor's name here) Stratfield Brake Park

The 700
It goes, Kidlington,
Summertown, Marston ferry rd, jr, up headlyway.
Then to Brookes uni, the warnford, Churchill, Nuffield, hospitals.
Then windmill rd, London rd shops, osler rd then back into the jr & back to Kidlington.
It takes ages.
That was my first post about buses😉
I'd imagine there'll be new bus routes, shuttle buses and football specials for the new ground so I wouldn't go on what's currently available.

I'd like Frieze Manor, but it will probably be the BMW stadium or some other sponsor.

Last edited:
I'd imagine there'll be new bus routes, shuttle buses and football specials for the new ground so I wouldn't go on what's currently available.
True , the reason for the cut's at the moment, is not enough people Catching them.so it's not viable.
Also it's not a council decision the buses.it's the company's.
Definitely need to sort that one, also opening the Cowley branch.
You could still have halts from horsepath, Cowley , littlemore, not so sure if you could add kennington & hinksey too that . it's on the line

No. Lets keep it neutral to something that does not reflect any owner, past or present, that can be carried over to our next owner(s).
I like the name of the location. Something like: (insert big paying sponsor's name here) Stratford Brake Park
I always liked priory park for the k****m

Moving away from naming the stadium for a moment...

A. ballpark, what do we think think development would cost? £ 40m plus?

The current price of steel is crazy....

B. How much would a business realistically pay for stadium sponsorship?

C. How do we think A minus B is funded? How do the shareholders get some sort of payback?

Moving away from naming the stadium for a moment...

A. ballpark, what do we think think development would cost? £ 40m plus?

The current price of steel is crazy....

B. How much would a business realistically pay for stadium sponsorship?

C. How do we think A minus B is funded? How do the shareholders get some sort of payback?

A. £80-100M for the full development, give or take.
B. Couldn't say
C. Shareholders are likely going to pocket most of the commercial revenues relating to non-oufc retail and so on - this will be where they make a return on their investments. There will also be loans against the club over x amount of time (soft debt) to pay off the stadium costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom