General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people, are getting excited,
We didn't want to leave the manor, but we did.
We thought it could be great with IFS & buts.
It turned out a nightmare.
I remember also everyone getting excited about Marston, botley road, Morris motors , etc, etc.
Long long way to go to it being accepted.
Personally I can't see it happening.

I remember also everyone getting excited about Marston, botley road, Morris motors , etc, etc.
Wow. What a totally negative post.

There’s always one 💩

I'm sure that there will be football special buses that will serve Littlemore, Blackbird Leys etc
Yes I know that but , you still got to use the same gridlocked roads
I'm sure that there will be football special buses that will serve Littlemore, Blackbird Leys etc
Yes i know that,but you've got to
I know that, but it's the same gridlocked roads

Loving this - 48 hours ago there was lots of scepticism and worry about where we’d play in the future. Now we’re already into the minutiae of if a trip to the shiny stadium in 5 years time might cost a few more ££, what a super problem to have 😆
Yea but I am getting a bit worried though, has anybody else not heard from the club yet about picking a new seat or is just me?

That’s the spirit

Going to the manor for me meant walking from northway and then risinghurst, so it was a complete mind set about getting to the kassam in terms of parking etc, hopefully public transport if it’s planned properly could work , but there are areas within in oxford that are not served well by bus services which will mean people will still have to rely on their own means of transport, so it’s up to the bus companies to get their planning heads on and get a service that works, given that at the moment the reductions in services that could be a challenge

If you need to find out which County Councillor actually represents your patch (for village dwellers such as me, for whom it is less clear!) you can find it our here:

I’ve sent a similar letter to councillors in Bicester this morning, more people that we can get on board the better, from outlying towns and villages

They will certainly need to look at the travel arrangements for those from the eastern side of the county. Currently three or four of us nip down the M40 from Chinnor - a round trip of approx 40 miles. With the free parking, that costs around 6 quid in petrol.

A day return ticket from Princes Risborough or Haddenham Parkway is (currently) £12.80. There is a rail link bus to PR for £3 return (each) but that doesn't run Saturdays or after 6:30pm during the week. There is no direct link to Haddenham, the combined tickets for the two journeys is £7.20 return (each), but again, no evening service. Car parking at the station is cheaper in any case when there are three travellers @ £8.50.

So from currently coughing up a paltry £6 we would be looking at nearly £47 for the sustainable alternative. The extra mileage to SB will make it a 60 mile roundtrip, but with the park and ride charging £2 (wonder how long before that trebles......), I think we will have little choice but to continue with the car - and I know of at least four other ST holders that make the same trip from our village every game.
Get a network card saving a third straight away . Then a taxi between 3/4 can't be much and will be a pleasant experience.
Ill look the prices up but sure it would only be a tenner or so each

It's true that there have been lots of other proposals/rumours over the decades that have come to nothing. But this is a firm proposal that's going to be discussed at OCC, officially. That's never happened before, afaik, apart from discussions about Grenoble Road, which did come to pass.

Yes, maybe it won't happen, no one knows. But this is a different situation - that's why your post is negative.

If we had to go to Oxfords main station and back out to Oxford Parkway it wouldn’t be the end of the world by any means. I am not sure how far it is between Bicester North and Town stations but that could be another option.
It’s about a 15 minute walking from one station to the other. But the walk does take you past the front door of 7 pubs. Some of which really are worth visiting these days. So allow a good hour 😉

It's true that there have been lots of other proposals/rumours over the decades that have come to nothing. But this is a firm proposal that's going to be discussed at OCC, officially. That's never happened before, afaik, apart from discussions about Grenoble Road, which did come to pass.

Yes, maybe it won't happen, no one knows. But this is a different situation - that's why your post is negative.
Mmmm your agreeing with me,
But I'm negative

We are also now in a completely different era with a completely different set of rules and the wealthyist owners we have ever had plus the carbon free bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom