General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was littered with untruths, I would imagine that these will be addressed in time by OUFC & he will look very stupid.
It's the suggestion that we should ground share that got me. He would rather jobs left Oxfordshire so him and his fellow NIMBYs can be happy.

If this falls at the first hurdle do we have other location options? I know it has been identified as the best site but if it’s simply too difficult to get past the nimbys surely we should have a plan b and c.

It’s worrying that this once in a lifetime opportunity (for the club, city and county) this hugely exciting plan could be dead in the water (if the backers walk away).

If this falls at the first hurdle no other location will get through the first hurdle.

The main arguments was we already have the kassam and we can't afford it.

Seems like it was a pointless meeting and should of been postponed so them wasters could do some research and talk to a few other councillors.

If this falls at the first hurdle no other location will get through the first hurdle.

The main arguments was we already have the kassam and we can't afford it.

Seems like it was a pointless meeting and should of been postponed so them wasters could do some research and talk to a few other councillors.
No OX14 - we have a landlord who refuses to talk about selling us the stadium.

I have my suspicions about today. The argument for delaying the decision was that too short a period had elapsed between the announcement and the cabinet meeting. The announcement only came about after the letter to various organisations was leaked. It should be noted that the leaked version was not addressed or signed, presumably having originated from council offices? Leaked by whom?
The outcome was then agreed as a four week delay to allow public consultation - consultation on what? That the County Council should enter into negotiations? That's going to be an interesting consultation. We are not at planning stage yet, there isn't even a plan to consult.

And can anyone tell me why it was allowed for such a pathetic argument to put before the cabinet? And, why such derogatory and misinformed diatribe was entered into the minutes? Borderline racism in not even knowing the nationality of the directors, misinforming regarding the financial backing, inferring that the existing sports clubs would be moved elsewhere, and scant regard for the local residents.
There was no mention of the existing (and adopted) local plans by Cherwell District and Kidlington, Gosford and Water Eaton Parish councils. No mention that plans exist to improve the roads, footpaths, cycleways and build new bridges/underpasses to connect to Parkway Station and the park and ride locations.

Where was the presentation for the proposal in front of the Cabinet?

No OX14 - we have a landlord who refuses to talk about selling us the stadium.
Make him an offer he can’t refuse……..but does depend on whether the new board would be interested considering the financial outlay.

Isn't it appropriate that for a major development like this enough time is allowed for local consultation? It wouldn't look good if a big development backed by foreign billionaires was seen to be rushed through without locals being consulted, even if everyone knows that stage is a bit token.

I have my suspicions about today. The argument for delaying the decision was that too short a period had elapsed between the announcement and the cabinet meeting. The announcement only came about after the letter to various organisations was leaked. It should be noted that the leaked version was not addressed or signed, presumably having originated from council offices? Leaked by whom?
The outcome was then agreed as a four week delay to allow public consultation - consultation on what? That the County Council should enter into negotiations? That's going to be an interesting consultation. We are not at planning stage yet, there isn't even a plan to consult.

And can anyone tell me why it was allowed for such a pathetic argument to put before the cabinet? And, why such derogatory and misinformed diatribe was entered into the minutes? Borderline racism in not even knowing the nationality of the directors, misinforming regarding the financial backing, inferring that the existing sports clubs would be moved elsewhere, and scant regard for the local residents.
There was no mention of the existing (and adopted) local plans by Cherwell District and Kidlington, Gosford and Water Eaton Parish councils. No mention that plans exist to improve the roads, footpaths, cycleways and build new bridges/underpasses to connect to Parkway Station and the park and ride locations.

Where was the presentation for the proposal in front of the Cabinet?

I would have thought the local plans would happen once the planning application had been approved.

As regards the idiot that has tried to derail this discussion I have no idea how he was allowed to attend. Maybe when the next hearing is due March 15th some supporters who have more knowledge than Mr Hill could attend and discredit his pathetic statement.

how the f**k does he (Hill) get to' attend', and speak, ....yet no representation invited from OUFC (official ),.....or OxVox or anyone?
Usually you have to request a slot prior to a meeting. I think anyone can do so but I don't know what they would do if say hundreds requested to do so. Oxon CC's Standing Orders/Constitution should lay out the rules if anybody is so inclined. zzzzzzz

Make him an offer he can’t refuse……..but does depend on whether the new board would be interested considering the financial outlay.
Why would the board be remotely interested in doing that? If this stadium plan doesn’t happen they will leave and we will be in real danger of going under. What new investors are going to take on a club tied into a 25 year lease on a failing stadium with extortionate rents with no prospect of moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom