General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brookes has the largest 'standing' venue capacity, around 1000? - New Theatre/ Apollo is the largest seated venue with about 1,800 seats? .....believe the Town Hall has come back into use as a Venue ? think its 700 capacity? ..... O2 ( ex Zodiac) has three venues, the main / largest being 600 ish?.... next down from that sizewise would be The Bullingdon, 200/250 ?.... then its the likes of Jericho Tavern, The Library, Port Mahon in terms of 'venues' in regular use- all of those quite a way under a capacity of 100?

all the above capacities are guesstimates on my part
I didn't think Brookes had a big venue any more?
O2 - downstairs maxes at just over 1000, upstairs just over 400 (though they both can't be capacity at the same time as the overall building capacity is 1350.
New Theatre is 1800. Playhouse is 650.
Bully is 400.
Jericho Tavern 150.

I didn't think Brookes had a big venue any more?
O2 - downstairs maxes at just over 1000, upstairs just over 400 (though they both can't be capacity at the same time as the overall building capacity is 1350.
New Theatre is 1800. Playhouse is 650.
Bully is 400.
Jericho Tavern 150.
So the ice rink arena could well also be the largest concert arena in the county?

Klopp would have a break down, Wigan would want the season to go on for four years and High Wycombe would want the season decided on points per game after one match. That is a mental amount of games, but I suppose they only have one form of the game rather than 3/4 like cricket so they could say the same back.
They only really get a day off when they are travelling long distances. Only the starting pitchers don't play most games (they are normally in a 5 person rotation).

So the ice rink arena could well also be the largest concert arena in the county?
If it is set up as a proper multi-use arena then yes, for sure. Hopefully they can include area for "arts" of varying/adjustable size(s), Oxford is crying out for it.

World class nimbys on radox

Radio oxford should of sent a reporter who knew what he was talking about though and actually looked through the plans. Its not just a football stadium ffs! also 4000 homes going on water eaton soon so Kidlington isn't going yo be a quiet village (it isn't anyways).

I wonder if BMW would sponsor the stadium abit like DC Audi fields we could have BMW park or maybe red bull

Have to agree here. London Welsh destroyed the pitch and although we have fantastic ground staff who have had the pitch looking brilliant the last 3 or 4 seasons especially, I don't think the mens team, womens team and a rugby outfit playing egg ball on it would help it to hold up to the way we play football.

They manage in Melbourne with 2 football clubs (including their womens teams on occasion), a Rugby Union club and a Rugby League club. The technology is there but it needs to be installed at the start and maintained properly.

I spoke to a couple of people from Kidlington today.
They said that the people they has spoken to in Kidlington were generally positive about the new stadium so long as the bridge is built to connect the station side to the ground side of the road.
The other concern is people parking in Kidlington on match days.
Pretty positive really

ke to a couple of people from Kidlington today.
They said that the people they has spoken to in Kidlington were generally positive about the new stadium so long as the bridge is built to connect the station side to the ground side of the road.
The other concern is people parking in Kidlington on match days.
Pretty positive really

That other one is easy to solve for the Council by making it permit only parking in Kidlington on matchdays (for easily walkable areas at the least).

Well I've been busy on a couple of local Facebook groups where angry Kidlington residents don't want it built. It's got to the point where the only arguments are sainsburys will be busier on match days and they won't be able to park in the park and ride on matchdays lol.

A lot of them aren't intelligent enough to realise i dont want it on the edge of my village wouldn't be a reason to decline the application or even being valid in the consultation process, if oufc have got some decent planners on board I'm sure the nimbys protest won't be heard like the 56 fleetwood fans in the crowd earlier this season.

When some people buy a house apparently they buy the right to nothing being built in the 10 square miles around that house for the rest of there lives. Some idiots even move next door to pubs that have been there donkeys years before and then complain about the noise. Hopefully we have moved past a few Hyacinth Buckets shouting loudly being an insurmountable obstacle.

When some people buy a house apparently they buy the right to nothing being built in the 10 square miles around that house for the rest of there lives. Some idiots even move next door to pubs that have been there donkeys years before and then complain about the noise. Hopefully we have moved past a few Hyacinth Buckets shouting loudly being an insurmountable obstacle.
Known as BANANAs an the industry: Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom