General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to pay for this s**t now!?!?

Jesus Christ what a rip off!
on-line subscriptions , apparently yes!!!....... EVEN for people who have the Ox Mail newspaper delivered daily (Sundays excepted), the Ox Mail seem incapable of realising/ comprehending that people who 'subscribe' to the newspaper, by having it delivered daily, are as it stands being asked to pay (subscribe) twice

on-line subscriptions , apparently yes!!!....... EVEN for people who have the Ox Mail newspaper delivered daily (Sundays excepted), the Ox Mail seem incapable of realising/ comprehending that people who 'subscribe' to the newspaper, by having it delivered daily, are as it stands being asked to pay (subscribe) twice
That's just poor management. Mrs Lounger subscribes to the Telegraph and for that she gets the on-line version, the actual paper version and can then "gift" me an on-line version as well! I even get access to all the subscribers promotions, discounts etc.

Surely it would be a good thing to get people to sign the petition when we play home games
Not everyone has online access and I’m sure as we have some big games coming up we could get thousands of signatures
Hopefully even Sheff Weds and Pompey fans will sign it because as away areas are concerned the North stand is crap

of course for most of the articles you can just go to the Witney Gazette site and see the same without any subscription BS and far less advertising.

Just Signed the petition. I love it when we all mobilise like this

You’ve just described pretty much any US sporting event I’ve ever been to. Watching the actual game doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal to a fair few.

Guess everyone is different but personally I like the fact that while a game of football is taking place in this country, you sit and watch it. I like that it still feels a bit tense and demands 100% of your attention. And that some idiot who doesn’t understand personal space at the best of times can’t slosh their pint over you.

If I was going to change anything about football it would be the shorts. They’re far too long now.

It's one of the reasons why I've never understood why Americans haven't got into cricket. Bearing in mind that Test cricket allows for eating and drinking from mid-morning to early evening, you can come and go as you please (excluding in front of the sight screen), there's loads of mini-stoppages for advert breaks and it goes on for days making it a capitalist's dream to keep milking money out of people, I thought it would be a go-er for them.

The prospect of draws puts a downer on it, I guess. Plus cricket terminology doesn't always help. 'Team X turned to pie-chucker Player Y whose second delivery googly foxed Batter Z who mistimed his nurdle straight to silly point. Batter A followed with a heave to cow corner and resident bunny Batter B went for a golden duck spooning a doosrah to long leg'. Not the most decipherable game to our American cousins.

Football is 90 minutes of action and two halves of 45 is plenty time enough to not need to go for a beer. Grab one at HT, have some before and after but leave the drinking out between the four blasts of the ref's whistle.

It's one of the reasons why I've never understood why Americans haven't got into cricket. Bearing in mind that Test cricket allows for eating and drinking from mid-morning to early evening, you can come and go as you please (excluding in front of the sight screen), there's loads of mini-stoppages for advert breaks and it goes on for days making it a capitalist's dream to keep milking money out of people, I thought it would be a go-er for them.

The prospect of draws puts a downer on it, I guess. Plus cricket terminology doesn't always help. 'Team X turned to pie-chucker Player Y whose second delivery googly foxed Batter Z who mistimed his nurdle straight to silly point. Batter A followed with a heave to cow corner and resident bunny Batter B went for a golden duck spooning a doosrah to long leg'. Not the most decipherable game to our American cousins.

Football is 90 minutes of action and two halves of 45 is plenty time enough to not need to go for a beer. Grab one at HT, have some before and after but leave the drinking out between the four blasts of the ref's whistle.
well put @unification ..... draws and terminology could well be factors as to why not,

plus, IMO, American's, in general, seem to have the attention span of a daffodil?

Baseball goes on for ages doesn’t it? Essentially the yanks version of Cricket, hard to follow if you don’t have a clue, slow paced for most of the time and loads of jargon. Instead of 5 day matches they play about 90 before moving onto there play offs where they play a best of 9 or something. Apparently that’s struggling though so they definitely don’t need to import cricket.

Baseball goes on for ages doesn’t it? Essentially the yanks version of Cricket, hard to follow if you don’t have a clue, slow paced for most of the time and loads of jargon. Instead of 5 day matches they play about 90 before moving onto there play offs where they play a best of 9 or something. Apparently that’s struggling though so they definitely don’t need to import cricket.

Baseball got to be the most boring sport to watch along with golf. Only sports that are massive in America I would like us to grow in Oxfordshire is ice hockey and basketball both really fun to watch and if this 3000 capacity other stadium can host both we will be onto a winner.

Baseball got to be the most boring sport to watch along with golf. Only sports that are massive in America I would like us to grow in Oxfordshire is ice hockey and basketball both really fun to watch and if this 3000 capacity other stadium can host both we will be onto a winner.
glorified rounders

If you happen to have a second email address and know of a second postcode, there may be an opportunity to sign the petition twice ;)

Over 2,000 signatures now.

Send it around your workplace MS Teams chats, Whats app groups and everywhere else you can think of. Let's get the petition up to 10,000 signatures.

This has got me thinking again about the ice rink plans. Sorry if it has already been discussed on here. But if a new ice rink is being built, presumably that means the Oxpens site will be redeveloped. Does that affect the jigsaw puzzle in any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom