General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve just described pretty much any US sporting event I’ve ever been to. Watching the actual game doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal to a fair few.

Guess everyone is different but personally I like the fact that while a game of football is taking place in this country, you sit and watch it. I like that it still feels a bit tense and demands 100% of your attention. And that some idiot who doesn’t understand personal space at the best of times can’t slosh their pint over you.
Completely agree. I remember a really boring game at the kassam. I was frustrated as anything with the way we were playing but even more so by a student who'd bought his American girlfriend with him.

He had to explain everything to her (badly), didn't shut up and she kept making me get up so she could go and warm up in the concourse.

They both made it difficult for me to be miserable about the game 😂

Maurice - the link seems to have broken (hopefully due to overuse!)?
Working for me. Try this one...

Working for me. Try this one...

Nope - it might be because I have already signed it - I was just trying to see what the signature total had got to.

Behaviour at rugby in Cardiff is far worse than football according to the Police themselves.

Also, rugby league has its own crowd trouble problems. Games at Twickenham have been known to have issues, ie. a group of drunk rugby fans starting a scrum with a car being driven by a woman going past the stadium.
As someone who lived and worked in Cardiff for 6 years, including behind the bar during Wales v England rugby, this is 100% true. Six Nations games were the bane of my existence. Never had any issues when Cardiff/Wales were playing football though.

Nope - it might be because I have already signed it - I was just trying to see what the signature total had got to.
Strange, I signed it yesterday but can still get on, but then I signed on my phone, now on my PC. Anyway...
1642155142680.png

Continuing with the Minnesota United Stratfield Brake potential similarities, here's a walking tour of the stadium whilst a game is on:

(Ingore the cringey atmosphere only Americans could create!)

Why are there so many people not watching the game?!? Madness. Must be 2000 people just wandering about having a chat and some food!

You’ve just described pretty much any US sporting event I’ve ever been to. Watching the actual game doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal to a fair few.

Guess everyone is different but personally I like the fact that while a game of football is taking place in this country, you sit and watch it. I like that it still feels a bit tense and demands 100% of your attention. And that some idiot who doesn’t understand personal space at the best of times can’t slosh their pint over you.

If I was going to change anything about football it would be the shorts. They’re far too long now.
You've never sat in the family stand have you

Why are there so many people not watching the game?!? Madness. Must be 2000 people just wandering about having a chat and some food!
It's an American thing - sports events are an excuse to eat junk food and have a few beers for a few hours - we're more refined this side of the pond.

7068e3ae93d56328bc426ab3302d298d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom