General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably wonโ€™t get rejected but it will be the consultations and the rich folk ready to try and opposeโ€ฆโ€ฆthatโ€™s the issue.
It doesnโ€™t matter where the ground would be sited it will still have obstacles,!get over these and we will only be half way there.
The problem is there are so many that think itโ€™s a piece of cake takeover announced and the foundations will be laid.
Iโ€™ve never said it wonโ€™t happen 99% says it will and itโ€™s location wonโ€™t bother me as I can get there.
But itโ€™s not as easy as some think.

Whose assuming planning will be easy and foundations will be laid in the next few weeks?

Fantastic! Moved from one ground with only a couple of local pubs, a couple of miles from the city centre to a new ground with no pubs within a 30 minute walk in another town.

Great to get rid of OGB but I canโ€™t say Iโ€™m massively excited. Iโ€™m sure plenty will be and credit is due to the group that are the first ones in 20 years to move us from that albatross.
To be fair, pubs and other leisure facilities can be built in the new complex, and I'm sure the board and developers aren't ignorant to the fact that this is what a new stadium needs near it.

In terms of location, Stratfield Brake's one of the best places you're going to get for a modern football stadium. It's stone's throw from Oxford Parkway and is also near to where the A34, A40, A44 and A4260 all meet.

A ground closer the city centre might be easier to walk to, but for that you'd have to sacrifice capacity, facilities and expansion potential. And it wouldn't be good for inner-city congestion either.

It probably wonโ€™t get rejected but it will be the consultations and the rich folk ready to try and opposeโ€ฆโ€ฆthatโ€™s the issue.
It doesnโ€™t matter where the ground would be sited it will still have obstacles,!get over these and we will only be half way there.
The problem is there are so many that think itโ€™s a piece of cake takeover announced and the foundations will be laid.
Iโ€™ve never said it wonโ€™t happen 99% says it will and itโ€™s location wonโ€™t bother me as I can get there.
But itโ€™s not as easy as some think.

Asked on the other thread but as this is the new stadium thread:

Who is assuming planning will be a piece of cake and foundations will be laid soon?

Typical- just as I've moved out of Kidlington after ten years! Was bad enough when we got our own KFC!

I think it's a splendid location. Town centre drinking and a ten minute ride to stadium via train, or some decent pubs/chippies in Kiddy itself. Very pleased to see this.

Fantastic! Moved from one ground with only a couple of local pubs, a couple of miles from the city centre to a new ground with no pubs within a 30 minute walk in another town.

Great to get rid of OGB but I canโ€™t say Iโ€™m massively excited. Iโ€™m sure plenty will be and credit is due to the group that are the first ones in 20 years to move us from that albatross.
To be fair, pubs and other leisure facilities can be built in the new complex, and I'm sure the board and developers aren't ignorant to the fact that this is what a new stadium needs near it.

In terms of location, Stratfield Brake's one of the best places you're going to get for a modern football stadium. It's stone's throw from Oxford Parkway and is also near to where the A34, A40, A44 and A4260 all meet.

A ground closer the city centre might be easier to walk to, but for that you'd have to sacrifice capacity, facilities and expansion potential. And it wouldn't be good for inner-city congestion either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom