General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very good point, FoSB and other opposition groups have also been keen to point out that kidlington has very low unemployment so doesn't need extra jobs from this site.

It's pretty daft to say something like this, especially in such uncertain times, who knows what the statistics will be in a years time let alone 10, 15 or 20 years.

Absolutely. People are going to be hit bloody hard over the coming years when the recession hits - it’s going to ruin lives. That includes many people in Kidlington and the surrounding areas.

This is a chance to provide jobs, boost local supply chains, improve local infrastructure and highways, increase sustainable travel and reduce CO2 emissions, create a sustainable development to be proud of which respects the woodland and increases biodiversity, provides a proper home for a loved local institution which will otherwise be homeless, increase tourism figures for the region, and benefit from community facilities which will improve health and wellbeing of local people and future generations.

Any local authority planning committee rejecting this opportunity and the many, many community benefits would committing an act of self-harm.

After a period of radio silence Cllr Middleton has been commenting about Stratfield Brake again and as a member of the local authorities that need to make the decision he provides a good insight into their thought process. It's on next door app and I'll snip and share here soon. Its a long read.

FoSB applied some spin to a tweet from the @OxVox chair this evening:

Screenshot_20220817-002200_Twitter.jpg

Paul's tweet:

Screenshot_20220817-002134_Twitter.jpg

Amazing they accuse OUFC and its fanbase of being 'desperate to whip up angry sentiment' despite that being their whole modus operandi. Loving the overly emotive phrasing in that as well with 'SB is undoubtedly the jewel in the crown', good job they are above trying to whip up angry sentiment really isn't it.

he really does spin anything and everything to suit his own personal agenda that green chappie Middleton, who is both a parish and county councillor ,as well as an active member of various Kidlington pressure groups, as he attempts to hoodwink others into thinking there is countless groups of opponents to SB stadium development when the reality is, its just him, procrastinating his vitriolic views via a variety of platforms - what a guy

I'll be posting a thread the Next Door a little later with his most recent comments on the matter. Its a long read but worth it.

I don't think FoSB is Cllr Middleton, he's a member of the council who promised to keep an open mind do it'll be highly inappropriate for him be backing No before full plans have been submitted.

he really does spin anything and everything to suit his own personal agenda that green chappie Middleton, who is both a parish and county councillor ,as well as an active member of various Kidlington pressure groups, as he attempts to hoodwink others into thinking there is countless groups of opponents to SB stadium development when the reality is, its just him, procrastinating his vitriolic views via a variety of platforms - what a guy

And Cherwell district councilor with his partner

Here's Cllr Middleton's and Kidlington's residents latest thoughts on SB. For context Cllr Middleton posted a link to an article about Cherwell having to take some more housing to meet Oxford's needs. He was asked if by letting OUFC move to Kidlington would free up the Kassam for development thus keeping houses away from Cherwell and the following conversion followed.

Below are all the SB related comments, there were some about other issues I haven't shared to things relevant.

It's a long read. Please excuse the numbering and any duplicates, it's difficult on my phone.

Screenshot_20220816-121702_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220816-121757_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220816-121919_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220816-122358_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220816-122455_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220816-122601_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220816-122650_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220816-122804_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220816-122855_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220816-122938_Samsung Internet.jpg

It’s the same few names in every engagement. I do wonder just how large the anti group is.

Is NiĂ¡ a real person? I really hope it isn’t someone posing as one thing and being another. That could be damaging.

I'm on that Nextdoor platform, and keep a watching brief, and I'd have to say it's the same small handful of people spreading their jingoistic propaganda, aided and abetted by Middleton, who never misses a chance to pile on. I haven't posted anything on it, although the temptation is huge with some of the outrageous things that are said, and doubt that I will, as most of the people posting on there are nowhere near as important, or clever, as they like to think they are.

It does remind me of one of my favourite sayings though, "Don't take kindness for weakness." In other words, just because nobody is challenging the lies being posted it doesn't mean that they haven't been noted, and it doesn't mean that at the appropriate time those spreading them will not be shot down in flames and be made to look very foolish. Meanwhile they'll keep digging.

The thing about some of the opposition's posts is that they are in no way 'sensible'
Of course they can disagree with the new Stadium. Of course they can lobby against it.
But put up some genuine sensible arguments against it ( with some facts thrown in) rather than some of the propaganda and nonsense posted to date.
And some of it before the actual detailed plans have been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom