General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
A correction on my part, the post on the FOSB which read like it was written by the council and I said was deleted is on fact still on there. My apologies, not sure why it wasn't visible to me for a period of time or hiw I couldn't see it for a bit.

It does, however, still read to me like it was written by one of the councils when they refer to themselves as 'We'.

Screenshot_20220628-160131_Facebook.jpg

A correction on my part, the post on the FOSB which read like it was written by the council and I said was deleted is on fact still on there. My apologies, not sure why it wasn't visible to me for a period of time or hiw I couldn't see it for a bit.

It does, however, still read to me like it was written by one of the councils when they refer to themselves as 'We'.

View attachment 9201
I wouldn't look too much into that, FoSB have disilusions that they represent Kidlington so that probably accounts for the "we've".

Could be a few factors. New owners since them, impacts of Brexit, impacts of the pandemic, council funding cuts, councils desire to redevelopment Oxpens, University's desire to expand the science Park etc etc.

I think the most relevant one is council budget cuts meaning they have to seek private partnerships and OUFC are going to improve and run SB at no cost to the OCC or CDC. We know OUFC taking over the site will save at KPC at least £168k per year if they agree to surrender their lease, deciding to continue to pay that increasing cost simply won't stand up to scrutiny of public finances by the regulator especially given what's on offer in comparison.

Confident that the people of Kidlington will say no to KPC surrendering their lease, they are still looking at different ways of collating the publics wishes:

Screenshot_20220702-182555_Facebook.jpg

Confident that the people of Kidlington will say no to KPC surrendering their lease, they are still looking at different ways of collating the publics wishes:

View attachment 9212
Door knocking certainly won't give accurate feedback, and be nearly impossible for KPC to do let alone impartially and with big enough numbers to be taken seriously

OxVox suggesting that the end of 2022 planning submission may move into 2023.

Wouldn’t be a huge surprise but the first time I’ve seen such a suggestion written down.

d01c2df33480015ef83dfb69b42f94c8.jpg

Wouldn’t be a huge surprise but the first time I’ve seen such a suggestion written down.

I suspect this is why NMcW indicated that discussion may take place with Firoka to explore short extensions. A few months extra to get the right decision isn't the end of the world, and it's good to see that contingencies are being considered.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Folks. I’ve said all along that it will be the ‘Biztah Willage International Soccer stadium off J9 M40’

Here is the link to the first people on site.

For "trial with supporter groups" .............. let's hope that is the broad church that is OxVox.

The Ox Mail article inked three days ago has this quote from NmW':

He said: “For us to be in a new stadium, wherever that may be, we’ll have to have a planning application in by the start of 2023 at the very latest."

The Ox Mail article inked three days ago has this quote from NmW':

He said: “For us to be in a new stadium, wherever that may be, we’ll have to have a planning application in by the start of 2023 at the very latest."

I took that NmW quote to mean that it needed to be in by the end of the year (ie: “by the start of 2023”) but it’s all semantics really.

Whether it’s in by the end of the year, or first quarter of the next, we shall see. Any later than that, and the planned opening date will look very difficult (and make a small extension a certainty).

Folks. I’ve said all along that it will be the Biztah Willage International Soccer stadium off J9 M40 c

It’s only a couple of £ for 11 hours anyway tho! Hardly a deal breaker?

Plus wouldn’t the residential roads have match day restrictions like the streets around the ground have now?

I am generally concerned that the reaction to Stratford Brake hasn’t been better, given it’s basically out of Kidlington and in a fairly open space, but guess that’s to be expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom