General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with friends or family in Kidlington, Godford, Water Eaton and surrounding areas:

PLESAE ENCOURAGE THEM TO FILL THIS SHORT SURVEY IN INDIVIDUALLY OVER THE NEXT WEEK OR SO.

The rest of us will all do so, and encourage others to do so, next month when it opens up to all fans but it’s important that positive local views are well represented.

Ultimately it’ll be the local authority engagement and statutory consultations which will be most important but we can all help with this.
I'm visiting my parents in OX5 tomorrow ..........

• React
Reactions: MJB
What Cllr Prestidge is talking about there is how they get the locals decision on if KPC and GWEPC should agree to surrender their lease.

Last edited:
What Cllr Prestidge is talking about there is how they get the locals decision on if KPC and GWEPC should agree to surrender their lease.
Councillor Middleton has already made comments that any referendum would only be advisory, and to take any notice he would want a 15-20% majority either way.

So if this is going to cost the taxpayer, then it needs to be made very clear what the rules are and if it's not binding then it's a complete waste of our taxes.

Anyone with friends or family in Kidlington, Godford, Water Eaton and surrounding areas:

PLESAE ENCOURAGE THEM TO FILL THIS SHORT SURVEY IN INDIVIDUALLY OVER THE NEXT WEEK OR SO.

The rest of us will all do so, and encourage others to do so, next month when it opens up to all fans but it’s important that positive local views are well represented.

Ultimately it’ll be the local authority engagement and statutory consultations which will be most important but we can all help with this.
My ex lives in OX5. She's just done a very positive response.

Fair play to them. They are entitled to there views, and what they believe in and for that I applaud them. Unfortunately for them this is only going to go one way, and it is a huge project, but we have the people to carry it out. The community, and existing sports teams will benefit massively from this. It will create lot of work opportunities for locals wanting a job closer to home, and we will benefit having a state of the art football stadium we can finally call home. We will be protected, and no longer be shackled to Firoz Kassam, and the future of the football club will be secure.

The council will get a lovely piece of land so they can extend Greater Leys/Minchery Farm for more housing. Everyone is a winner, except a few people that want to protect a piece of green land.

The Stadium will be up and ready in 2026.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom