General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a true green/environmentalist, surely you have to consider the wider impact of any proposed development rather than just the impact locally?

Yes, the stadium proposal is going to eat into some green belt land, but - assuming the clubs delivers on their promises of an environmentally friendly (have they committed to net zero?) - it's going to be more environmentally friendly than the current stadium and therefore better for the wider environment of Oxfordshire.

I really do think the Greens are using environmental concerns as a smokescreen for a basic NIMBY attitude.
Their speciality nationwide.

Saying that. It says they've just bought it for £120 million. That was sold in 2003. 🤔
Apologies from me, if I've mistakenly cried wolf, but the Times article has today's date on it and Frieze Way was mentioned.

Phew , I was starting to cluck like a hen

We can breath again.

A company has bought the technology park that Is still under construction next door to the oxford motor park and use to be the Gosford Allblacks pitch. I went past it a couple of months ago and there is a big premier Inn at the entrance , and tall office blocks. Bit of a misleading headline lol.

Apologies from me, if I've mistakenly cried wolf, but the Times article has today's date on it and Frieze Way was mentioned.
Also
shows Stratfield Brake.

Think the times have got mixed up with it being Gosford Allblacks old pitch on Langford Lane, not their current one. Posted link above where a company has paid £120 million for the half built technology park.

Is Milton Keynes close to your driving route to Oxford, as that line to Kidlington is due to open in 2024?
It is - parking at MK station is *very* expensive though. Nice to know there might be an option there though - thanks.

Big week for the stadium it seems:
Given those who sit on that Parish Council I doubt there'll be many positive words about it. Anyone with local government knowledge knowledge how important this is?

I see from this link that Kidlington Development Watch are forming a specific pressure group for the stadium development: https://mailchi.mp/89ec51f544d4/kdw_kpcmeeting26may22

The meeting on the 26th is an open residents meeting, can any local residents get there and speak in support? Will club or OxVox representatives be there to answer questions they may have?

Given those who sit on that Parish Council I doubt there'll be many positive words about it. Anyone with local government knowledge knowledge how important this is?

I see from this link that Kidlington Development Watch are forming a specific pressure group for the stadium development: https://mailchi.mp/89ec51f544d4/kdw_kpcmeeting26may22

The meeting on the 26th is an open residents meeting, can any local residents get there and speak in support? Will club or OxVox representatives be there to answer questions they may have?
Quite amusing to read that KDW now consider OUFC to have "massive resources". Not so long ago they were spouting that the club didn't have anything like the finances required and would not be able to afford such a proposal!

This whole paragraph from KDW is really quite demonstrative of their paranoia:
"However, OUFC have massive resources, a sizeable local fan base, contacts within the County Council and funding with which to lobby decision makers. It also has owners who will be very shrewd when it comes to negotiation with the Councils. We are concerned that the club’s proposal will include many features designed to be attractive to local people, and these will divert attention from the fundamental unsuitability of the development. No amount of ‘sweeteners’ (which may or may not materialise) will change this. Promises made by the club – no doubt in good faith – will be dependent on whether there is adequate return on investment to its overseas owners, and extremely difficult to enforce. There are therefore serious concerns about the long term dependability of any commitments OUFC may make."

Quite amusing to read that KDW now consider OUFC to have "massive resources". Not so long ago they were spouting that the club didn't have anything like the finances required and would not be able to afford such a proposal!

This whole paragraph from KDW is really quite demonstrative of their paranoia:
"However, OUFC have massive resources, a sizeable local fan base, contacts within the County Council and funding with which to lobby decision makers. It also has owners who will be very shrewd when it comes to negotiation with the Councils. We are concerned that the club’s proposal will include many features designed to be attractive to local people, and these will divert attention from the fundamental unsuitability of the development. No amount of ‘sweeteners’ (which may or may not materialise) will change this. Promises made by the club – no doubt in good faith – will be dependent on whether there is adequate return on investment to its overseas owners, and extremely difficult to enforce. There are therefore serious concerns about the long term dependability of any commitments OUFC may make."

Wow, how shockingly devious of the Club/owners to include features that will be attractive to locals. And again, the references to 'overseas owners'....

They can form a nimby group all they want , the fact is thousands of people want this to go through aswell as the land owner who is the county council, They may aswell not waste their time fighting it and rather concentrate on making sure they benefit from it as much as possible.

I'll tip my sister off ... maybe if shes not already busy on thurs, she'll go along with a couple of her sons- all pro SB, OUFC supporters/ST holders and all live in Kidlington /Kidlington area

while on the face of it, having representatives of the club or oxvox there, seems a good idea- KDW , who seem to be (cleverly) manipulating what is an open parish council meeting into creating a(another) opposition pressure group (to SB).... the meeting as its under the auspices of being held by Kidlington parish council it presumably excludes non Kidlington residents - guest speaker I assume would only be by invite ?

I'll tip my sister off ... maybe if shes not already busy on thurs, she'll go along with a couple of her sons- all pro SB, OUFC supporters/ST holders and all live in Kidlington /Kidlington area

while on the face of it, having representatives of the club or oxvox there, seems a good idea- KDW , who seem to be (cleverly) manipulating what is an open parish council meeting into creating a(another) opposition pressure group (to SB).... the meeting as its under the auspices of being held by Kidlington parish council it presumably excludes non Kidlington residents - guest speaker I assume would only be by invite ?
@Sarge may have missed it but do we know when the next full council meeting is where the club will be discussed and could that meeting decide to fully vote yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom