General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have hoped they'd learnt from the problems at the Kassam and build drinking places/fanzones etc into the plan. After all doesn't Thohir have experience of this with DC United when he owned them?
Agree.
I would think that one thing the club will want to do is to have bars and a reason to be there early ( one of the things they clearly want to do is to generate more income from ancillary sales)
Anybody wanting to go to a pub first, there wil be a number 30 minutes walk away I believe?

So should we expect to hear the takeover has been ratified before the 17th January.m, then within a few weeks that the planning permission has been granted. This is a genuine question.

Well the letter has reached various Facebook groups now and if you think bazzer is bad then you should have a look on there. People clueless and don't understand planning procedures and just because they think Kidlington won't want it will mean it will get rejected. 🀣

If we do leave the Kassam, do you think there’ll be auction like there was at the Manor?

I for one will be bidding on a bottle of s**t smelling air for posterities sake. Or perhaps someone will buy the West Stand and install it at home.

So much to cherish.
I’d like to be in charge of the wrecking ball with Kassam still in the control tower!!

If not, one if the urinals from the East Stand with the smoke effect machine!

Seems odd to me, that the proposers of such a huge project,are expecting representatives of the localities affected, to voice an opinion at such short notice .

Well the letter has reached various Facebook groups now and if you think bazzer is bad then you should have a look on there. People clueless and don't understand planning procedures and just because they think Kidlington won't want it will mean it will get rejected. 🀣
It probably won’t get rejected but it will be the consultations and the rich folk ready to try and oppose……that’s the issue.
It doesn’t matter where the ground would be sited it will still have obstacles,!get over these and we will only be half way there.
The problem is there are so many that think it’s a piece of cake takeover announced and the foundations will be laid.
I’ve never said it won’t happen 99% says it will and it’s location won’t bother me as I can get there.
But it’s not as easy as some think.

Seems odd to me, that the proposers of such a huge project,are expecting representatives of the localities affected, to voice an opinion at such short notice .
Would this be the first 'official' request? I would imagine they've been discussing this for a while, surely?

Fantastic! Moved from one ground with only a couple of local pubs, a couple of miles from the city centre to a new ground with no pubs within a 30 minute walk in another town.

Great to get rid of OGB but I can’t say I’m massively excited. I’m sure plenty will be and credit is due to the group that are the first ones in 20 years to move us from that albatross.
here's hoping a traditional style pub has already been included in the footprint plans for the new stadium

Classic council "consultation" timeframe when the brown envelopes have already been delivered.
"Well we invited you to a Teams meeting with a weeks notice, sorry you couldn`t make it but we decided that.................."

I guess its how it works when the power players move in - Mrs Smith and her Great Crested Newts just get steamrollered..... capitalism at its finest. :)

I thought the new owner said to be new stadium would be close to the current one?
around *10 miles from the breeze block, Grenoble road to sports ground,Stratfield break, apparently

* edited

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom