General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and it also takes over an hour to get to the Kassam on public transport for anyone who lives in the majority of towns and villages in Oxfordshire.

The train station is a 5 minute walk from Carfax where you'd get off the bus?
I know
Wouldn't it be brilliant if you could have it like Newcastle. Perfect

Stop with all the transport problems it's just raising issues that could be used against the proposals. We are talking about 4 or 5 years away, we'll all be using driverless cars and hoverboards by then.
Yeah back to the future πŸ‘½

S I've stated before woodfarm to Kidlington take over 1 hour.
The train is very handy quickthey run every half an hour.
You still got to get to train station though.
I know - we’ll build two stadiums, one each side of the city and play the match at stadium number one whilst filming it. We’ll then ferry the players from both teams across to the other stadium and make them replay the match but they must do this in a manner which is 100% synchronised with the first one. In the event of a dispute, video footage will be used (like in snooker when the ref has to replace the balls after a β€˜miss’) to make sure no-one is out of place at any point during the match.

Fans can choose which game they go to so that they can avoid the nightmare 2 bus scenario - sorted.

I know - we’ll build two stadiums, one each side of the city and play the match at stadium number one whilst filming it. We’ll then ferry the players from both teams across to the other stadium and make them replay the match but they must do this in a manner which is 100% synchronised with the first one. In the event of a dispute, video footage will be used (like in snooker when the ref has to replace the balls after a β€˜miss’) to make sure no-one is out of place at any point during the match.

Fans can choose which game they go to so that they can avoid the nightmare 2 bus scenario - sorted.
Was that supposed to be funny?? What a rib tickler that was

Could someone please explain the process for the 15 March meeting? Is it one councillor one vote or can an individual councillor/small minority veto the proposal and stop it progreasing?

Could someone please explain the process for the 15 March meeting? Is it one councillor one vote or can an individual councillor/small minority veto the proposal and stop it progreasing?
This is not a full meeting. It is the "Cabinet" only.

good question .... one for @OxVox , or maybe @OUSP Secretary ...... maybe an email to your County Councillor will clarify?

Thank you - I'm assuming it's a vote per Cabinet Member in attendance albeit from a quick scan of the Constitution, this isn't 100% clear.

The Cabinet​

Major decisions are made at meetings of the Cabinet, which are held once a month and are attended by all Cabinet members. The Cabinet is also responsible for preparing the budget and policies to propose to the Full Council. Decisions are also taken by cabinet members individually.

Councillors may ask questions as long as advance notice has been given. Members of the public may request to speak as long as the item is on the agenda and advance notice has been given. They may also submit petitions on any item relevant to the functions of cabinet (it does not have to be on the agenda) if advance notice is given. Decisions that are expected to be made over the next four months are published in the Forward Plan.

The Cabinet is made up of the Leader of the Council and nine other councillors appointed annually by the Leader.

More information on Cabinet meetings, including information on delegated decisions by individual cabinet members, can be found in the council Constitution.

Extracted from the Constitution

1.7 Quorum The quorum for any meeting of the Cabinet will be 5 members.

1.8 How Decisions are to be Taken by the Cabinet

(a) Executive decisions will only be taken by the Cabinet as a whole at any meeting which is quorate and has been convened in accordance with the Access to Information Rules approved as part of the Constitution.

(b) Where executive decisions are delegated to a committee of the Cabinet, the rules applying to executive decisions taken by them shall be the same as those applying to those taken by the Cabinet as a whole.

"We are the weeessssst site,
We are the weeeesssst site....."

You have to take two bus journeys to get to the Kassam from Abingdon
For those who don't mind having to do a fair bit of walking (keeps you fit) only one bus from Abingdon is needed if you alight at Redbridge bus stop and walk to the Kassam from there, this takes about 35-40 minutes if you take a short-cut through the Sainsburys car park. Incidentally a new bus stop has been recently built close to the Sainsburys (in order to serve the new houses being built there) where the X39/X40 buses to Wallingford and Reading depart from, and this new bus stop is only about 20-25 minutes walk from the stadium.

The Cabinet make up is as follows:

4 x Lib Dem
5 x Labour
1 x Green

None of them represent a Kidlington ward.
In which case can Someone in the Cowley constituency contact the local labour MP and suggest what a good idea it would be to knock down that Grenoble Road eyesore and put housing there. 5x labour votes sorted

For those who don't mind having to do a fair bit of walking (keeps you fit) only one bus from Abingdon is needed if you alight at Redbridge bus stop and walk to the Kassam from there, this takes about 35-40 minutes if you take a short-cut through the Sainsburys car park. Incidentally a new bus stop has been recently built close to the Sainsburys (in order to serve the new houses being built there) where the X39/X40 buses to Wallingford and Reading depart from, and this new bus stop is only about 20-25 minutes walk from the stadium.
Yeah that's not a bad shout, cheers for mentioning. Although I would go to the city centre for a couple of pints, but I don't live in Abingdon now anyway. But of course that's helpful for others who still do and might not have thought of that. I was just pointing out to the other poster that what he was complaining about (2 buses from east Oxford to SB) can be quite common for people travelling to the Kassam on public transport from various locations in Oxfordshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom