• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

A mere 11 words for the BBC.

The OM gave him 250 on it ahead of the GE, over 100 more words than the Labour candidate on the issue.

I let @OUSP know about that.

Glad to see a common sense override has been enacted. I hope that the bridge application - if it ever existed - has been shelved for now.

Agree, totally unnecessary for the short time during off peak times the road may need to be closed.

A mere 11 words for the BBC.

The OM gave him 250 on it ahead of the GE, over 100 more words than the Labour candidate on the issue.

I let @OUSP know about that.

Glad to see a common sense override has been enacted. I hope that the bridge application - if it ever existed - has been shelved for now.
Still nothing from the Fail on this story, must still be on the phone to Middleton and McIvor!

A councillor who said he would not allow Oxford United’s proposed stadium if it meant a road was closed on match days said that is no longer the case.
Last year, Dan Levy, cabinet member for finance, said Oxford Road must not be closed on match days but said on Tuesday the council has no powers to order that.
On BBC news website
All about the election then.
Common sense appears to have prevailed (building a pointless bridge that wouldn't help safety at all was madness).
This presumably makes the planning more likely to be favourable (the traffic mapping will hopefully show that short road closures will suffice)

All about the election then.
Common sense appears to have prevailed (building a pointless bridge that wouldn't help safety at all was madness).
This presumably makes the planning more likely to be favourable (the traffic mapping will hopefully show that short road closures will suffice)
Are you trying to say they used ian Middleton 🤣

Has anything been mentioned by the Oxford Mail yet? Seems odd not to considering if what was about the roads actually being closed then I’m sure a story would have been put out there by now?

Although this is from his "Look Out! Labour are going to build houses everywhere!" Nextdoor thread, do I detect that IM is starting to return to a "cautiously neutral" stance - or at least stepping back from his totally opposed viewpoint....

1720603384156.png

Although this is from his "Look Out! Labour are going to build houses everywhere!" Nextdoor thread, do I detect that IM is starting to return to a "cautiously neutral" stance - or at least stepping back from his totally opposed viewpoint....

View attachment 21231

No chance of that after the candidates debate where he's on record objecting:

The Green Party object stance in glorious technicolor for Cherwell District Council to see!

View attachment 21231
As previously mentioned, if people like Ian Middleton didn't insist on owning second homes there wouldn't be the need the building developments on his beloved green belt.

Can't have your cake and eat it too, Ian.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but a series of further objections have been recently posted on the planning portal including a brand new report from a "an experienced Independent Freelance Ecologist"......

Not sure if it's been mentioned but a series of further objections have been recently posted on the planning portal including a brand new report from a "an experienced Independent Freelance Ecologist"......
Who's the author? Wudy Jebb?

I thought that had been closed off as the deadline had passed?

I did post it up when it first appeared more drivel from Judy about orchids

I thought that had been closed off as the deadline had passed?
No, it's still open. Generally these things are kept open until planning committee date but officers can't guarentee that views will be considered if submitted past the deadline. Given that the previous deadline related to an OCC proposed committee date in June, you'd expect that responses until the end of the year will be very likely to be fed into planning officer reporting on the public consultation. As ever, it's important to note that it's not a vote and should have no specific impact on how the committee considers the application within the context of the National Planning Policy Framework. The NPPF is expected to be updated early in the new Parliament and given Labour's support for development on green, brown and the newly defined grey belt - if this happens ahead of the new year, that will likely only benefit the stadium's chances.

More broadly, the Lib Dem's latest position on road closures is another signal that the Lib Dem successes in the local and general elections weren't necessarily the worst scenario for the stadium situation. Clearly an overall Labour or Tory win in both sets of elections would have been more helpful, but a comprehensive win by the Lib Dems isn't the worse scenario. It allows them to operate with greater strength and with less of a need to pander to NIMBYism or more extreme anti-development ideologues. It would have been better still for there to be no Yellow and Green coalition within CDC, but the make-up of the Planning Committee is still a relatively healthy one for the Triangle. I'm not a Lib Dem voter, but things haven't landed as badly as they might otherwise in such a turbulent era of politics.

Back
Top Bottom