Home Match Day Thread New Sports bar in the Ozone

Went before and after to play some pool.

I thought, despite only opening recently it was well run.

Doombar and London Pride for you already lovers.

It was an alright venue. Feels more like a Bowlplex 2.0 just without the bowling tbh. Around 6 pool tables and 3 snooker tables. Only 2 dart boards. They do have a massive screen and a few smaller ones so you will be able to see whats on the box. Its £7.50 to rent a pool table for the hour, which means on match day get their early or theres no chance you'll get to play pool. The owners are actually removing one or two tables for much needed space! It does get cramped when busy, meaning theres no space to move your cue!

There is a Wetherspoons where I live, but I've yet to go in it. Too many decent pubs in town! Mind you, might be tempted if they do Staro ....
Much more common than you think. Haven't seen it for a while but it's in bottles in aldi too

Pilsner urquell is a much more superior Czech Pilsner though... ?

The three goats heads in town has done it for years, probably the weakest lager they do.

My niece is the manager of the bar on match days, they are unable to serve proper cooked food as yet because the landlord (one guess who) has refused under there contract to sort out the ventilation in the kitchen, the people who actually have the agreement could have opened ages ago but legal proceedings are ongoing so they decided to open in the new year while still trying to get the landlord to do as the agreement states.

Bit like the toilets in the stadium I guess..

So far the MK supporters were polite and fun but the Blackpool guys were rude, swearing and a pain in the rear. They might restrict it to Oxford supporters in the future.

Back
Top Bottom