New scoreboard

Indeed, anyone with epilepsy would have been in trouble and they were bloody annoying and distracting for everyone. They should have just turned them off and sorted them after the game.
There was some issues with those boards but the (let's say) handymen had no intention of turning them off one even ran away to find out what to do there was a chap close to me shouting for them to be turned off there could have been some serious health issues if as you say people suffered with epilepsy

I noticed the new boards with a small display facing the fans, a nice touch.

"Welcome to Oxford United"
"Come on you yellows"

I noticed the new boards with a small display facing the fans, a nice touch.

"Welcome to Oxford United"
"Come on you yellows"

Yep looked good from the east stand. On to the actual new scoreboard, is it being placed the opposite side of the fence end to the current one?

Yep looked good from the east stand. On to the actual new scoreboard, is it being placed the opposite side of the fence end to the current one?
We've requested that it be placed just the other side of the roundabout by Faringdon on the A420. Should make quite an impression on travellers heading in that direction.

I would assume the same place, electrics etc already there.

I've requested that it be placed just the other side of the roundabout by Faringdon on the A420. Should make quite an impression on travellers heading in that direction.

Plenty of crashes when the white shows then.

Know i am knocking on a bit, but the time being shown on the scoreboard during the game is not very clear from the East Stand

I agree. I could read it well years ago. But now I can't even see the board.

I sometimes wonder do clubs get hand-me down perimiter advertising / scoreboards.
Often used to happen that a club would build a new stand, and the old turnstiles would be sold onto another club, or floodlights. I think the Barnet temporary "bouncy" stand at The Hive went on to become the away terrace at Exeter?

So is our advertising hoarding simply a hand-mew down after someone else upgraded?

Also I wonder how much our "new scoreboard" will cost, bearing in mind it should have an expected life of just a few years until we move to SB.

I sometimes wonder do clubs get hand-me down perimiter advertising / scoreboards.
Often used to happen that a club would build a new stand, and the old turnstiles would be sold onto another club, or floodlights. I think the Barnet temporary "bouncy" stand at The Hive went on to become the away terrace at Exeter?

So is our advertising hoarding simply a hand-mew down after someone else upgraded?

Also I wonder how much our "new scoreboard" will cost, bearing in mind it should have an expected life of just a few years until we move to SB.

Barnet's bouncy terrace did indeed become Exeter's away terrace.

In my first job my old boss was the chairman of Aylesbury United and he bought some floodlights from Old Trafford. Cheap as chips as he described it.

I'm not sure that is true, when did this "happen"?

How about a bank of 6 smart tvs to make a big screen of albeit of 6 pictures at the home end. With steel mesh from the roof to the ground just in case coin throwing trends again.

They had a quarrel with Coral over sponsorship and had to cancel the whole thing.

What happened with this?
It was ordered and is being shipped from China - which takes around 8 weeks. I did suggest having a "Santa" tracker on it so we can follow progress!
Once it's here a substantial steel structure to support it will be built. Hopefully a further update soon.

Back
Top Bottom