New scoreboard

Perhaps Biomass were ahead of there time? Investing there profits into Oxford United, or recycling players!

FmGlRNoWYAIMi93

You can just about see the ‘video wall’ at the Cuckoo Lane End installed in September 1992.
Was this the gaem their fans were climbing up the floodlight pylons then diving off then into the crowd from a stupid height?

I think the club have done a great job with the scoreboard, it looks very professional.

I’d like to see an injury time clock next to the minutes added - if possible?

I think the club have done a great job with the scoreboard, it looks very professional.

I’d like to see an injury time clock next to the minutes added - if possible?
Do you mean counting the amount time? Not sure it’s allowed.

Have not seen any football stadium scoreboard show the ticking clock after 45 or 90 mins for injury time.

Do you mean counting the amount time? Not sure it’s allowed.

Have not seen any football stadium scoreboard show the ticking clock after 45 or 90 mins for injury time.
That’s a good point. I can’t remember seeing another ground that does it.

I suppose it’s because the injury time added at 90mins is a minimum and the ref can add more if needed.

Was this the gaem their fans were climbing up the floodlight pylons then diving off then into the crowd from a stupid height?
Nope - I watched the diving away fans (absolute nutters) from my seat in the Beech Road stand when about 11 or 12 years old. The video wall was in place when I stood in the London Road and that was from 16 years old onwards.

That’s a good point. I can’t remember seeing another ground that does it.

I suppose it’s because the injury time added at 90mins is a minimum and the ref can add more if needed.
Not sure that's a good reason. Everyone knows (or should) that it's a minimum.

Can't really see any difference in showing added on time or counting the 90.

Not sure that's a good reason. Everyone knows (or should) that it's a minimum.

Can't really see any difference in showing added on time or counting the 90.
That’s a good point. And actually, the more I’ve thought about it, I agree. The clock usually continues to run on the TV, with the added minutes shown next to it. So why not at the stadiums?

If it is the result of a football league directive, It would be interesting to to know what their rational was.

Back
Top Bottom