New robinson poll

Should robinson be sacked

• yes

Votes: 177 92.2%
  • no

Votes: 15 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want him to go and have said so from very early on this season, however I believe the root cause is that Tiger did not back him with the list of players he wanted and went for cheaper alternatives and Robinson is having to play players he has no faith in and they know it, thus the pathetic performances.

I want him to go and have said so from very early on this season, however I believe the root cause is that Tiger did not back him with the list of players he wanted and went for cheaper alternatives and Robinson is having to play players he has no faith in and they know it, thus the pathetic performances.

Do you believe we have the second lowest budget in the division?

If we don't, then it's KR who's underperforming, not Tiger.

Interesting perspective that @southupper ..... maybe Gobbo spunked a sizable chunk of available funds on bringing in his disruptive mate Derry?, thus leaving not enough cash in the warchest to bring in the right players?

My vote is go as long as we have an immediate replacement ready. If not then no.

so your saying he's not that bad?......i say ANYONE would do a better job and that includes Graham Rix............sack the cnut and put Allen in charge.

Just remembering last season that’s all.

Just remembering last season that’s all.
which, to be fair, was BEFORE Derry arrived, since which ...well, league position, lacklustre performances, suicidal defending, lack of firepower etcetera, etcetera are blatantly obvious

Mathematics was never my stong point, but adding 1 and 1 to make 2 is even within my capabilities.... in other words, things began to deteriorate from the moment Derry the disrupter arrived

I want him to go but is the petty name calling (Gobbo) and personal abuse really necessary?

Imagine if he came out after a match and said some of our fans were right c***s (justify in some cases) and should just f off and support another team. There would be melt down so lets try and stay a little bit classy.

The guy needs to go sooner rather than later as it clearly isn't working for him here for what ever reason but like others have said I do quite like the guy and can see how he has done well in the past.

The problem is the total feeling of frustration and disbelief that Robinson probably isn’t going anywhere. I personally haven’t ever felt so unhappy, disaffected and worried as an Oxford United fan as I do today and at my age that’s saying a lot! People are venting those feelings at Robinson but you’re right, they shouldn’t get too personal.

For me, this photo shows up everything that’s wrong at our football club. It shows Robinson dominating the relationship between him and his ‘superior’. I’m convinced it’s Robinson calling the shots with this ‘project’ of theirs. I’m just not sure Tiger is strong enough to put him back in his place. Robinson just seems to continually have an air of arrogance about him. I think that’s why the levels of hostility towards him are reaching almost unprecedented levels.

510883C4-2725-46CD-9F75-D30BF736C05C.jpeg

His job is virtually untenable. Especially after his latest outburst which not only threw another player under the positive bus, he attempted to throw the board under it too, with those Hanson signing comments.

However, let's not hound the man out, he's obviously trying and I'd like to ask a reasonable question.

Who at the football club, on a day to day basis, is supporting him? Who is putting their arm around him and talking to him? Who is telling him 'Karl, probably not best to say that or advising him not to throw another player under the proverbial or telling him it's not befitting of him to clap along to Kassam chants?'

Point being. he's been badly let down too.

I suppose that KR remaining as manager is the biggest WOW of the year.

Simon Braiders post is very thoughtful. KR clearly isn't able to deal with the current pressure. If he is to remain, he needs more support, and to be kept away from microphones - even if this angers some. Someone from the board of directors needs to step in.

His job is virtually untenable. Especially after his latest outburst which not only threw another player under the positive bus, he attempted to throw the board under it too, with those Hanson signing comments.

However, let's not hound the man out, he's obviously trying and I'd like to ask a reasonable question.

Who at the football club, on a day to day basis, is supporting him? Who is putting their arm around him and talking to him? Who is telling him 'Karl, probably not best to say that or advising him not to throw another player under the proverbial or telling him it's not befitting of him to clap along to Kassam chants?'

Shouldn't that be what Derry is there to do?

It's his 3rd management role, he has 8 years experience.

Let's not give him the chance to absolve himself of more responsibility.

It’s a fair question. I don’t think he’s getting any support or advice from further up the chain. However surely KR is experienced enough now to be able to show at least some restraint and professionalism on the touchline and in interviews? This isn’t his first rodeo so is it wrong to expect more from him with or without boardroom assistance?

If we compare his behaviour to Appleton’s they are poles apart. It’s a bit like comparing Obama and Trump.

It’s a fair question. I don’t think he’s getting any support or advice from further up the chain. However surely KR is experienced enough now to be able to show at least some restraint and professionalism on the touchline and in interviews? This isn’t his first rodeo so is it wrong to expect more from him with or without boardroom assistance?

If we compare his behaviour to Appleton’s they are poles apart. It’s a bit like comparing Obama and Trump.
There was talk last week of a director of football coming in and even reports that Brian McDermott was present at a game. Does anyone think that Robinson would swallow enough pride and be humble enough to allow a director of football to come in over him and take over some of what he’s in charge of now. Effectively be his boss?

Back
Top Bottom