New OxVox Commitee!

Right from the point of appointment, you have five days to sort the stadium, get a full and comprehensive business plan from Tiger signed with his own blood and scream to high heaven when you think the club needs challenging (because that will work instead of calm relationship building and behind the scenes negotiation).

If you can't achieve that then I'm afraid you have failed and somebody else needs to take over!

I hope you're all on the next flight for an immediate meeting with Tiger, there may be a vacant seat in First Class as a certain poster has a meeting with his Bookmaker.

It's the latter. ;)

Although I now appear to have a new nickname!

Mea culpa.

Welcome Simon!

Happens to the best of us, mind - as the club headline 'Reaction: Robinson on Charlton' over last night's match story illustrates. Though it will no doubt be changed as soon as it's spotted.

God knows what I’m going to do with the 50 tshirts I had printed
67a3b3420faaec0b3f3756875f19a6ba.jpg
Idve voted for you @Dave T ....a button badge would've sufficed ;)

Just one slight query/concern........ if the person who stepped down, therefore avoiding the membership getting a vote on the individuals standing, is then co-opted back on to the committee will the membership get any sort of say, or have the rules just been "utilised" to avoid a vote?

Just one slight query/concern........ if the person who stepped down, therefore avoiding the membership getting a vote on the individuals standing, is then co-opted back on to the committee will the membership get any sort of say, or have the rules just been "utilised" to avoid a vote?

That’s a valid point. I’ll try and explain!

The full membership allowed under the ‘rules’ is 10. 4 people have stepped down and we’ve had 4 members put there names forward, so on this occasion, there is no need for an election.

Once the new committee has been formed, the first task is to elect, a chair, a vice chair, a secretary and a treasurer. Once these roles have been agreed, the committee can then, if they wish, co-opt people to support the committee.

At the moment there is only one co-opted member - Stewart Donald.

Due to work/time pressures, Jemma will step away from the committee, but has offered to take a co-opted role. Personally, as with Stewart, I hope the new committee take them both up on there offers to continue to support the Trust. But that will be the new committees decision.

Co-opting does not require the membership to vote in any sort of election.

The differences between full membership of the committee and co-optees, are that committee members invite them to attend meetings as and when required and the co-opted members do not have a committee vote on decisions (but can/do obviously advise).

Hope that makes sense, but do say if it doesn’t?!

Cheers

Jem

@Jem - Does that mean that you may not be continuing as Chairman? If so that would be a great shame as I think many fans will miss you in that role.

@Jem - Does that mean that you may not be continuing as Chairman? If so that would be a great shame as I think many fans will miss you in that role.

I’m definitely stepping down Jason.

The people coming on are great and the guys staying are experienced and superb!

OxVox will be absolutely fine and continue to go from strength to strength!

Cheers!

Jem

COYY’s!

I’m definitely stepping down Jason.

The people coming on are great and the guys staying are experienced and superb!

OxVox will be absolutely fine and continue to go from strength to strength!

Cheers!

Jem

COYY’s!

I’m sure that will be the case Jem but thank you for everything.

Aside from your numerous successes as a team, your greatest attribute has been your dignity throughout. You can’t buy or fake that.

Hope that you further enjoy following our club with less weight on your shoulders now (and that eventually your family’s newest member can be persuaded to start supporting the Yellows in the years to come!)

That’s a valid point. I’ll try and explain!

The full membership allowed under the ‘rules’ is 10. 4 people have stepped down and we’ve had 4 members put there names forward, so on this occasion, there is no need for an election.

Once the new committee has been formed, the first task is to elect, a chair, a vice chair, a secretary and a treasurer. Once these roles have been agreed, the committee can then, if they wish, co-opt people to support the committee.

At the moment there is only one co-opted member - Stewart Donald.

Due to work/time pressures, Jemma will step away from the committee, but has offered to take a co-opted role. Personally, as with Stewart, I hope the new committee take them both up on there offers to continue to support the Trust. But that will be the new committees decision.

Co-opting does not require the membership to vote in any sort of election.

The differences between full membership of the committee and co-optees, are that committee members invite them to attend meetings as and when required and the co-opted members do not have a committee vote on decisions (but can/do obviously advise).

Hope that makes sense, but do say if it doesn’t?!

Cheers

Jem

Yep that is clear.

So what is to stop an eternal circle of "co-opting" and the membership never getting an effective vote on who is representing them on the committee? Surely the committee should endevour to have the mandate of those they represent by virtue of being voted in?
Hate to sound picky ..............it just seems very convenient that the numbers matched the rules.

Every member can put themselves forward and then it may need a vote, good luck to all that have stepped up.

Yep that is clear.

So what is to stop an eternal circle of "co-opting" and the membership never getting an effective vote on who is representing them on the committee? Surely the committee should endevour to have the mandate of those they represent by virtue of being voted in?
Hate to sound picky ..............it just seems very convenient that the numbers matched the rules.

Ok, I see what you’re thinking.

You’re right, on this occasion, 4 have stepped down and 4 have come forward, so no need for an election.

We’re really pleased that 4 members have come forward, it’s (sadly) not always the case. Indeed, historically, the commitee has rarely run with the fully allowed compliment of 10.

Having co-opted members allows us to get more people actively involved. Which we think is a good thing!

Also, a committee member can only sit on the commitee for 3 years. At the end of each members 3 year term, everyone has to stand down, but can, if they wish, seek re-election. This can of course trigger an election if more people have put themselves forward.

Sorry, I’m probably making the ‘rules’ sound a bit complicated, when actually, they’re very straightforward!

it would be great if more and more people would put their names forward. We’ve now got over a 1000 members, so lots of people to potentially come forward!

Committee elections are never an inconvenience and would be hugely welcomed - it would mean that lots of members want to get more activity involved and that would be brilliant!!

Cheers

Jem

Last edited:
Ok, I see what you’re thinking.

You’re right, on this occasion, 4 have stepped down and 4 have come forward, so no need for an election.

We’re really pleased that 4 members have come forward, it’s (sadly) not always the case. Indeed, historically, the commitee has rarely run with the fully allowed compliment of 10.

Having co-opted members allows us to get more people actively involved. Which we think is a good thing!

Also, a committee member can only sit on the commitee for 3 years. At the end of each members 3 year term, everyone has to stand down, but can, if they wish, seek re-election. This can of course trigger an election if more people have put themselves forward.

Sorry, I’m probably making the ‘rules’ sound a bit complicated, when actually, they’re very straightforward!

it would be great if more and more people would put their names forward. We’ve now got over a 1000 members, so lots of people to potentially come forward!

Committee elections are never an inconvenience and would be hugely welcomed - it would mean that lots of members want to get more activity involved and that would be brilliant!!

Cheers

Jem

Also, hope you can get along to the AGM on Saturday and I’ll endeavour to make a better job of explaining things than the above!!

Back
Top Bottom