New match day experience enhancements

OxVox

There have been some brilliant enhancements to the match day experience announced, see here: https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/august/help-us/

That said they’ll take him to bed in. Please be patient. If there are issues, raise them with the club and allow them time to consider the solutions.

In respect of oxrails, we ask that the strict regulations are respected. This is a UK regulation that it is one person per seat on each row. The club will be monitoring this actively at each game.

Successful use will see the full plan implemented. The only thing that can stop it working is us as fans, let’s make sure that doesn’t happen!

Recent meeting minutes due out shortly which will answer some other questions.

Cheers

OxVox

OK...I clicked the link......... "brilliant enhancements" ??? Really?

"Supporter Liaison Officers" ? I kind of think 99.9% of folk attending know where to go barring away fans.
"Ox Rails"................ yeah............... well.
"Car Parking"................. one wonders if the stewards will actually do anything constructive to assist with the sensible "flow" of exiting traffic?
"Smoking, Discrimination,Flags" is just yadda yadda same as.

Have I missed the "brilliant" bits?

All I’m interested in is good football and 3 points !

Did i read (or am i going mad) that you will be able to pre-purchase drinks for HT?

1 per seat Ox Rails will probably see the return of extremely heavy handed stewarding which occurred when the Ultras/Singers moved last time. That added to the no flags being allowed on the back wall this season could make things very gloomy.

1 per seat Ox Rails will probably see the return of extremely heavy handed stewarding which occurred when the Ultras/Singers moved last time. That added to the no flags being allowed on the back wall this season could make things very gloomy.

There is no reason it should do. Things are far better run now. The Ultras stand at one a seat anyway so this should just enhance their experience and avoid them getting any grief. Importantly it is also a lot safer. Everyone just needs to give them a little time to deal with teething problems and I think this will prove a very popular addition. Better people than me have worked really hard to get this through and the only thing that can derail it (pun intended) is if the regulation on numbers per row is breached. That is beyond the control of the club and is a condition of us getting the rails.

No flags on the back wall? Where did that come from?

OK...I clicked the link......... "brilliant enhancements" ??? Really?

"Supporter Liaison Officers" ? I kind of think 99.9% of folk attending know where to go barring away fans.
"Ox Rails"................ yeah............... well.
"Car Parking"................. one wonders if the stewards will actually do anything constructive to assist with the sensible "flow" of exiting traffic?
"Smoking, Discrimination,Flags" is just yadda yadda same as.

Have I missed the "brilliant" bits?

Tbf, it is clear, concise communication, something that not long ago the club were being criticised for.

Hopefully Ox-rails is a success and everybody follows the requirements.

What’s the issue?
Will not allow anything to be placed on the back wall until risk assessments are undertaken. Hasn't been required before but apparently they are adamant this season. Ian Mixter is trying to help and members from the Ultras are also going to try and work on things, but there is a possibility there'll be nothing up on Saturday.

Edit: Can't wait for us to own our own ground one day! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If there is a mural then obviously flags should not be hung over it. But could another spot be found to hang flags, maybe the back of the north stand?

Yes, it would be a shame to lose the flags. Especially as they can change according to the opposition etc (I'm thinking of the various Swindon flags/displays for example), whereas a mural is static. Also part of the 'matchday experience' is fans feeling that they (and other fans) are contributing to the whole thing, rather than it being just presented to us - I think the flags help that.

Couldn't they be hung on the inside of the side parts of the East Stand? Don't know how practical but it would add further colour.

If there is a mural then obviously flags should not be hung over it. But could another spot be found to hang flags, maybe the back of the north stand?

Actually we are making provision to hang flags under the mural. The Ultras have done a great job brightening up a very drab wall but it may be that they decide to put the flags up elsewhere as I can imagine it's a lot of hassle. Will see how it pans out I guess.

Back
Top Bottom