New match day experience enhancements

how do smokers get to go outside the east stand at half time, if they have the need for (tobacco)weed, if theyre in North Stand/ South stand lower or upper? .... or will the all singing all dancing supporters liason officers be arranging a shuttle service to and from the smoking area behind the east stand.... and what about visiting away supporters who wish to smoke at half time? will Mr Mixter actually allow home n away supporters to mix even if SLOs do arrange a shuttle service ?

Why not offer' a half time smoking areas outside both South & North stand ( latter one obviously segregated!) or do OUFC wrongly assume that only those in the East stand smoke or for that matter want to smoke at half time?

This has nothing to do with the mural guys, that's still a long term project by OxVox and will not be in place till later during the season (OxVox probably have a more accurate date, but certainly not the first few games I imagine).

Ultras would prefer a mural in place to focus on displays rather than spending an hour+ every home game hanging dozens of banners.

However, whilst the back wall is blank, the Ultras are keen to keep hanging banners on the back wall, as usual, to keep the colour on a matchday. Unfortunately StadCo are doing their best at making this as difficult as possible this season. As well as banning it for the time being, they are also looking to remove the wiring used for flags which was installed many years ago (which was great work by OxVox again at the time). All very frustrating for everyone involved, but members of the Ultras, Ian Mixter and Oxvox are working hard to find a solution.

This has nothing to do with the mural guys, that's still a long term project by OxVox and will not be in place till later during the season (OxVox probably have a more accurate date, but certainly not the first few games I imagine).

Ultras would prefer a mural in place to focus on displays rather than spending an hour+ every home game hanging dozens of banners.

However, whilst the back wall is blank, the Ultras are keen to keep hanging banners on the back wall, as usual, to keep the colour on a matchday. Unfortunately StadCo are doing their best at making this as difficult as possible this season. As well as banning it for the time being, they are also looking to remove the wiring used for flags which was installed many years ago (which was great work by OxVox again at the time). All very frustrating for everyone involved, but members of the Ultras, Ian Mixter and Oxvox are working hard to find a solution.

Cheers StadCo you cretinous bunch. Absolute C***s.

Actually we are making provision to hang flags under the mural. The Ultras have done a great job brightening up a very drab wall but it may be that they decide to put the flags up elsewhere as I can imagine it's a lot of hassle. Will see how it pans out I guess.

Yes hope it works out, North stand could do with a few more flags up to add some colour though.

It's one thing not owning the stadium, it's on a different level entirely when the company running it (under orders from you know who, no doubt) are seemingly intent on making the relationship as fractious as possible and the whole experience as unpleasant as possible for the people who attend.

It's one thing not owning the stadium, it's on a different level entirely when the company running it (under orders from you know who, no doubt) are seemingly intent on making the relationship as fractious as possible and the whole experience as unpleasant as possible for the people who attend.
Exactly. It is critical that we eventually get control of the ground.

This is ridiculous (as well as Mr Kassam letting the Stadium go to ruin)

some sort of very vocal protest outside the Stad co office ...with local media invited could be fun ...in itself it may not immediately change anything, BUT the tax exile leaseholder of the (still) derelict grade 2 listed Priory really doesnt like ANY adverse publicity ..... last time there was a properly organised protest against Ka$$am the club changed ownership shortly after ...self styled custodian of OUFC REALLY doesn't like anything adverse being reported on about his 'interests'

I thought Kassam cared about the club?

I wonder if this latest stance has anything to do with the recently renewed Right to Bid! I know Kassam was pretty pissed off when it was first initiated.

Glad to hear that Tiger’s had positive talks with him!

Last edited:
I thought Kassam cared about the club?

I wonder if this latest stance has anything to do with the recently renewed Right to Bid! I know Kassam was pretty pissed off when it was first initiated.

Glad to hear that Tiger’s had positive talks with him!

Actually it's not. At last look he hadn't even opposed the renewal of the community asset right to bid. Sadly I would suggest this is all part of the ongoing arbitration which DE started and Tiger has been left to sort out. Fingers crossed this will be dealt with in planned meetings between Tiger and FK but it is a complex situation and one that has cost both sides.

I know it wouldn't be the same but as a temporary measure how about having them fixed to the SSU frontage (risk assessment - one person fits, one person helps - and in homage to the Chuckle Brothers chant the classic ' to me to you')

Has anyone actually worked out what the "brilliant enhancements" are?

Nope................ thought not.
#fakenews

Back
Top Bottom