NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
McClaren would be a massive coup. Two Europa League finals, England Manager etc. Pretty good for a league one club.

I think how you say, he could be, how you say, worth it just for thessss

Having listened to him a couple of weeks ago about how he approaches interviews i would be surprised if he decided to work here...Him and Bellamy appeared to have similar ideas and if and yes it's a big if that Tiger and Bellamy's vision for the club were so very different then i would be surprised if Sm and Tiger were on the same page.

Steve McClaren is as good a manager as we can get, and of all the names mentioned on here he is the one who will most likely get us safe this season.
He would only consider coming here if he felt Tiger was serious about Championship football and beyond. If Tiger can get McClaren, then it removes a lot of the initial concern from last week - implies a lot of money will be pumped into this project, starting with McClarem's wage.
A very shrewd appointment if it happens. That said, I'd be amazed (and delighted) if McClaren drops to league 1 level.

I wouldn’t be too surprised as he’s not set the world alight at Derby. And he’s getting on in years.

Steve McClaren is as good a manager as we can get, and of all the names mentioned on here he is the one who will most likely get us safe this season.
He would only consider coming here if he felt Tiger was serious about Championship football and beyond. If Tiger can get McClaren, then it removes a lot of the initial concern from last week - implies a lot of money will be pumped into this project, starting with McClarem's wage.
A very shrewd appointment if it happens. That said, I'd be amazed (and delighted) if McClaren drops to league 1 level.
Should think he should be paying us...I mean investing:) otherwise HELP!

Why’s that, what has he achieved???

He’s a good coach but.........

His coaching credentials landed him a PL job, in which he impressed enough to get the England manager job.

He then very nearly took Derby to the PL, before poor spells at Newcastle and back at Derby.

Again, he was England manager. It didn't work out well, but he got the job on merit. But he isn't good enough for us at Oxford? Give over.

EDIT: Managed to skip over him winning the Dutch league with FC Twente

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom