NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Oxford Mail have a new manager klaxon? Or will the new signing one have to do?
It’s only official when the white smoke comes out of the small chimney.
Problem is I’ve been looking at the massive power station chimneys.

I’d be quite happy with this appointment.

An experienced coaching team behind him, fresh ideas, experience of coaching and player management, a clear vision for the club (ala Apples) and clearly a manager that players will listen to given his career.

Also strikes me as being a tough bastard when needed - I think we need a bit of steel and he would engender a bit more spirit amongst the squad and club more generally.

All managerial appointments are a risk - I just personally think this could be have potential.

Just don’t invite him to any of the OUFC Golf Days.

An experienced coaching team behind him, fresh ideas, experience of coaching and player management, a clear vision for the club (ala Apples) and clearly a manager that players will listen to given his career.

Also strikes me as being a tough bastard when needed - I think we need a bit of steel and he would engender a bit more spirit amongst the squad and club more generally.

All managerial appointments are a risk - I just personally think this could be have potential.

Experienced coaching team you do know it’s Faz and Chrissy

Is that based on his associated with the Hoops or another reason?

Not even bothered about that if the guy was going to be good for OUFC to be honest.

I am basing it on personal knowledge of the kind of individual he is as I know a girl who was seeing him for quite a while!

Experienced coaching team you do know it’s Faz and Chrissy

Er, yes?

Faz with his 50 odd years in the game and Chrissy Allen who has been coaching for, what, half a decade now after a number of years coaching our own youth very successfully.

Plus Wayne Brown who seems to work well with our best keeper in decades and a physio and fitness team who seem second to none.

That experienced coaching team.

Not even bothered about that if the guy was going to be good for OUFC to be honest.

I am basing it on personal knowledge of the kind of individual he is as I know a girl who was seeing him for quite a while!

TBF I don't know anything about his personal life, what I will say is that football is full of odious characters who in any other walk of life would struggle to stay in their chosen industry - even if he is a prize idiot, if he gets us even a modicum amount of success we'll all be hero worshipping him

Last edited:

TBF I don't know anything about his personal life, what I will say is that football is full of odious characters who in any other walk of life would struggle to stay in their chosen industry - even if he is a prize one, he gets us a modicum of success and well all be hero worshipping him

It’ll catch up with him if he’s only using us as stepping stone to get the top job at Oxfam.

Seems to me that approaching and sounding out clubs/candidates has taken longer than regular apply and shortlist procedures..plus a bit delicate to avoid accusations of tapping up...albeit all a bit cloak and dagger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom