NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faz on RO this morning has removed all doubt that he would indeed have liked the managers job. He said that if you want to put your name forward to the people making the decision you have to get points but unfortunately we haven’t quite got as many points as we would have liked and he has to make sure he turns that round.

Hope Powell? Has managed at the highest level and is highly regarded within the game. Slightly left-field suggestion but then again I haven't seen her explicitly rule herself out of the running.

I was really hoping Sir Stephen Hawking could have got us out of this black hole but sadly it’s not to be.
RIP and may the stars shine brighter.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/1427703/totchtawan-gets-a-leg-up

The owners tried to get Totchtawan to stay, but he stood firm in his decision to resign.
League and cup double last year, tipped to be the national coach one day. There's our man.
Legend in Thailand. Win ratio of 70% in last 2 seasons as a manager.
Wow..............

Careful. Certain people read this forum so we don’t want to give them any ideas and have the recruitment process reset again!

Reckon it'll be Sven Goran Eriksson, Tiger wants a big name supposedly and Eriksson is a big name in the far east, working at clubs in Thailand and a few in China. He also worked with Tigers advisor Man city and under the thai owners at leicester.

I'd say he is a good bet for a £5 at 33/1

I’ve come to this conclusion too, for all the reasons you state plus he’s not afraid to drop down a league or two (Notts County) would definitely be a WOW appointment. What’s Sven up to these days?

Are u saying tiger was on the verge of appointing Bellamy when he had his ulrika moment
??You’ve been holding that one up your sleeve just waiting for the right moment haven’t you...

If Sven does get the job you’ve just given the OM their first headline.

Sven is Swedish, Ulrika is Swedish, Sweden play in Yellow & Blue.

It’s meant to be.

Sven it is.

Are u saying tiger was on the verge of appointing Bellamy when he had his ulrika moment
[emoji17][emoji17]You’ve been holding that one up your sleeve just waiting for the right moment haven’t you...

If Sven does get the job you’ve just given the OM their first headline.

They just come naturally [emoji23]. It could be fazackerly the kind of appointment we need to reunite the Man City and England dream team
d8632980268e46d1fa8c19e2d46650c0.jpg

They just come naturally [emoji23]. It could be fazackerly the kind of appointment we need to reunite the Man City and England dream team
d8632980268e46d1fa8c19e2d46650c0.jpg

As long as we don't end up in the same mess as Notts County when Sven came in!!

Wasn’t actually manger there

On 22 July 2009, Eriksson was appointed as director of football at English League Two team Notts County, following that club's takeover by Middle East consortium Munto Finance with Eriksson getting a reported, but unconfirmed, £2 million per year deal. It is believed his contract was based on the future success of the club with a large percentage share holding making up his contract.

Eriksson later said that he was attracted by the consortium's plans to take the world's oldest league club to the top of the Premier League, and believed that they had the finance and commitment to do that. Large-scale investment in new facilities were promised, and Sol Campbell and Kasper Schmeichel joined the club from Premier League teams. Campbell, however, played only one game before departing and Schmeichel was released at the end of the season.[citation needed]

County's large debts, including an unpaid tax bill, emerged in November 2009.[55] On 11 February 2010, Eriksson resigned as director of football following the club's takeover by former Lincoln City chairman Ray Trew.[56] Eriksson waived a multi-million payoff in order to assist the takeover, which chairman Trew described as the act of an "absolute gentleman". Notts County were promoted as League Two champions at the end of the season.

Blimey! You're almost as good as Wikipedia.
Yeah my fear is that we end up with some similar arrangement, i.e. an experienced head to come in as Director of football, supporting an unproven coach. I have never liked this set-up. To manage a team you need to influence the players coming in/out.

Blimey! You're almost as good as Wikipedia.
Yeah my fear is that we end up with some similar arrangement, i.e. an experienced head to come in as Director of football, supporting an unproven coach. I have never liked this set-up. To manage a team you need to influence the players coming in/out.
Sven as DoF and Gerrard as coach..?

Sven as manager/Head coach with Faz as assistant.

Tord Grip will sit in the stand and take notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom