New kit launch

Amateur hour off the pitch strikes again!

Hardly.

Maybe the decision has been taken for a host of reasons? Maybe trying to do the job correctly and professionally instead of rushing it, so they can invite more criticism from folk like yourself is one perfectly reasonable explanation. There could be other reasons.........

Na it’s Definitely that we don’t have any money, and no one running the club. Tiger obviously forgot to place the order. Would never be something as simple as wanting the shirt to be available to buy as soon as it’s announced, or a better sponsorship deal having been agreed to the intended one

OxBible said the new sponsor was Singha Beer. Are you telling me he might be wrong?

4937516C-EB3D-462E-8D9C-665E16B67B8C.gif

In all seriousness, there’s nothing wrong with the club trying to secure the best possible deal. It’s likely to be a multiple season deal, so an extra month or whatever isn’t a big deal. The only (potential) downside is that I recall the club saying it was a big success last year. Hopefully the change won’t affect lifetime sales too much.

Are we also completely sure that the club couldn’t use and sell the new shirt due to a contractual obligation to Liontrust? Maybe an agreement couldn’t be reached between the two parties to allow the new shirt sponsor, so the club had little choice. I’ve mentioned it before, but it still seems plausible to me. Although the club could have just said that I suppose. Just a thought.

Are we also completely sure that the club couldn’t use and sell the new shirt due to a contractual obligation to Liontrust? Maybe an agreement couldn’t be reached between the two parties to allow the new shirt sponsor, so the club had little choice. I’ve mentioned it before, but it still seems plausible to me. Although the club could have just said that I suppose. Just a thought.

Although if the club had said that, it could come across as quite snidey which could put off other potential sponsors.

I have to say, I thought Tiger was extremely organised and hands-on with the new club crest and getting the Puma kit, I'm sure this hiccup will be a real source of frustration for him.

I'm pretty sure that an FA rule came into force following an incident involving Spurs and a compensation claim from Hewlett Packard. As a result, I believe the wearing of next seasons kit on the final home game can only happen if the kit manufacturer and shirt sponsor are not going to change. (This was the case for OUFC last season). I suspect the club have found themselves at the mercy of league rules.

It's funny how the clubs PR spin claim the delay is because of the takeover, yet its clear to all that Tiger was involved with this many months before the official takeover. We're all expecting a Thai drinks company to feature, I'll be amazed if OUFC has found a new significant sponsor instead.

With all the stuff about single use plastics and harm they are causing, is 5,000 balloons really a good idea?!

Why not fund some flags or paper etc in conjunction with a display by the Ultras?
I reckon we should all just tear up some Yellow Pages and lob them when the players come out like we used to do on the London Road...

If Pep we’re still here, there’d have been no need to tear up those Yellow Pages for some.

Interesting. Lots of little things coming out lately which backs up what I have said.
You've not 'Said' anything on this thread till this ^ ...... and on your' Robinson is not the man' thread, you've alluded to many (unproven) 'facts', but I don't think the launch of next seasons kit and its subsequent delay was part of your doom-mongering? ....or did I miss that eloquent nugget of unsubstantiated wisdom @Borntobeyellow ?

Interesting. Lots of little things coming out lately which backs up what I have said.

If it’s the ‘delay’ in the new kit being unveiled you’re talking about, then I think you’ll soon discover that the reason was unavoidable, but hugely beneficial to our football club.

You’d better get yourself down to Tesco and buy yourself a large humble pie. You’re going to need it ....

Kind regards

Jem

If it’s the ‘delay’ in the new kit being unveiled you’re talking about, then I think you’ll soon discover that the reason was unavoidable, but hugely beneficial to our football club.

You’d better get yourself down to Tesco and buy yourself a large humble pie. You’re going to need it ....

Kind regards

Jem

We’re being sponsored by Tesco?

Back
Top Bottom