General New kit 2022/23

Tbf, just looking at this place could you imagine where those discussions would go? Twitter would be far, far worse. Also, they do discuss on this forum tbf, certainly to a pont. I'm sure they engage in 1 on 1 communications.

Open table discussions tend to generate good ideas.............. if you have the skill to listen.

It's why we have two ears and one mouth. :)

Their 1-to-1 communication leaves a lot to be desired. It's more effective to cut out the dancing monkey and go straight to the organ grinder.

many of us on this thread have commented on how things could be improved or considered (see SE’s post today!).

However, why shouldn’t the club be questioned on the release of the kit - arguably their second biggest income stream after ST sales from non commercial supporters? Why should the club continue to be lacklustre in their marketing and promotional activities - including season tickets? Why should supporters (who are the life blood and stakeholders of our club btw!) just accept the standards that have been and continue to be set by the marketing arm of the football club?

Perhaps you’re someone who has blind faith. If so, that’s great! That said, I’d urge you to wake up, as this summers marketing and planning has been P**s poor (again!)
I really think the club misses an opportunity to think differently and more creatively about its whole approach to marketing, brand and kits. The first thing I would do is send the marketing team to Venezia FC. Their whole approach to marketing, kits and tying to the heritage of Venice has made them globally recognised whilst still being a small club (one recent season in serie a but apart from that one trophy in 1941 and fairly recently bankrupt). 95%of their kit sales come from outside Italy https://www.si.com/.amp/soccer/2021/10/19/venezia-fc-serie-a-kit-busio-niederauer-menta-italy

Open table discussions tend to generate good ideas.............. if you have the skill to listen.

It's why we have two ears and one mouth. :)

Their 1-to-1 communication leaves a lot to be desired. It's more effective to cut out the dancing monkey and go straight to the organ grinder.

OUSP do contribute on here anyway.

Are you saying the transfer thread has generated some good ideas? :LOL:

Had a scan through but didn't see this has been directly referenced. During the RadOx commentary for Saturday's game, PRB said the kits were delayed due to problems finding a shirt sponsor.

As others have made a point of saying, this hasn't stopped other clubs (e.g. Nottm Forest) from announcing, but at least can understand why everything has been pushed back.

Whether of course this delay was caused by ineptitude, poor planning at the club or perhaps even an act of God is something I'll leave for someone else more interested (or ITK) to debate.

We will surely be the last club in the 92 to release our kit and I don't think that is a good thing.

It always annoys me because my boy’s birthday is late July and I always hope that one year I can get him a shirt on time (or at least say it’s been in the mail for a week or two). He’d probably end up with a 2nd or 3rd shirt for Christmas too, but this late timing ends up with him getting one.
As an exile i try and throw my money at the club, but they make it tricky!

Going to be controversial and say that I would be quite happy with the pre season kit, actually quite like it.

I would like the shorts to return to the 80s style, it’s the only bit of replica tat I buy but they have been getting increasingly big over the last few years, last season’s were more like basketball/3 quarter monstrosity’s to such an extent that I am wearing the old ones to the gym and the most recent ones just around the house.

I would like the shorts to return to the 80s style, it’s the only bit of replica tat I buy but they have been getting increasingly big over the last few years, last season’s were more like basketball/3 quarter monstrosity’s to such an extent that I am wearing the old ones to the gym and the most recent ones just around the house.

You want very short shorts?

I want a return to the days of Gary Briggs style shorts, the greatest era of football kits was mid 80s to early 90s, when shorts were short.

You need the shorts modelled by Paul Spittle when he played for Abingdon Town in the 80s. They were very, very, very short shorts.

Should one of us let the club know the season starts in 23 days and we have to home, away or third kit?

Blackpool only just released their new home kit today.

10 other clubs yet to do so in the Championship.
Can't see a club by club list for L1 - but there are at least a handful who haven't based on a quick search of a few clubs - Burton, Derby, Pompey (due 21st July), Sheffield Wednesday are just 4 examples.

Blackpool only just released their new home kit today.

10 other clubs yet to do so in the Championship.
Can't see a club by club list for L1 - but there are at least a handful who haven't based on a quick search of a few clubs - Burton, Derby, Pompey (due 21st July), Sheffield Wednesday are just 4 examples.
oh stop with your facts, you know the country is sick of experts with their reality - maybe we should have a kit referendum ;-)

So today we've still not got a new kit we've still not got any new signings the only thing left to do.is sit in the sunshine and get pissed to drown our sorrows

Back
Top Bottom