New club badge

I was born in the old Radcliffe Infirmary Oxford.... Im Oxford born n bred, and proud of it :cool:

Born in the Churchill and always proud mate ?

I always let everyone know OUFC are the pride of the Thames Valley!

Born in the Churchill and always proud mate ?

I always let everyone know OUFC are the pride of the Thames Valley!
yep me too ( not born in the Churchill, but you know what I mean ) ... when I'm out n about, DJing here (UK) or abroad, working or 'just' out, I always have an Ox's head badge (usually one of the silver 'tie-pin' ones) on display ;)

I was born in Ascot but moved to Oxfordshire at the age of 1. Does this mean I’m just bred in Oxfordshire?

So Oxford is south east then

I’d say so but only just:)

However I was born and bred in and around the Chippy area, I’ve never felt I was from the SE more South West to be honest. Most people from the western fringes of the county probably feel the same. Whereas those from the North of the county near Banbury might well think they are South Midlands, I never have.

I’m not so familiar with the South and Eastern areas of the country but suspect Henley sees itself as South East wheras those from Abingdon/ Didcot the South?

We are quite a mixed county really.

Blame Michael Palin for Meridian TV, and the large coverage area thereafter.

I’d say so but only just:)

However I was born and bred in and around the Chippy area, I’ve never felt I was from the SE more South West to be honest. Most people from the western fringes of the county probably feel the same. Whereas those from the North of the county near Banbury might well think they are South Midlands, I never have.

I’m not so familiar with the South and Eastern areas of the country but suspect Henley sees itself as South East wheras those from Abingdon/ Didcot the South?

We are quite a mixed county really.

Can agree. Banbury born. Half my villages antennas received South Today, the other half had the Midlands news! The accent has twinges of Gloucestershire to it. But still only an hour and a bit on the train to London (and Birmingham, for that matter).

We really are just a gateway county, in the southern half of England!

Back
Top Bottom