New Chairman named soon

Witney Wag

It has been said that the remaining members of the Oxvox committee will be meeting tonight. There are some real issues that need to be discussed and with the vacancy of a Chairman not yet filled, can we expect a new name to be announced tomorrow.

I’m sure that the committee will act very quickly to resolve this matter and in addition discuss the need for a members meeting (with NO club officials in attendance) to explain to those who attend and those who are unable too what is going on with the trust. As a member of Oxvox I would like a statement from the new Chairman on what the future direction the trust intends to take.

Assume there was an oxvox committee meeting last night?.... Is there a new chairman ? ...What's happening 're lack of clear answers to last year's oxvox open letter by the owner, despite his promise to provide them soon. What's the next move oxvox are taking 're still no answers? .... does Erik thorhir exist, has any oxvox committee member met him in person?

There was a meeting last evening and it would correct to assumed that a discussion on the change of officers would have taken place and probably carried out. Under normal circumstances the outcome would not be as urgent as it is now. Members should be informed today as to what is going on. The club is in turmoil and the supporters need some clarification and answers to many questions.

It's not that desperately urgent, surely?
It's not that desperately urgent, surely?

If you think the current situation is acceptable then no, however that then begs the question “is there a role for a supporters trust” I believe there is and the way the club is going there’s never been a need for an effective trust as there is now.

Thanks, Simon. It's obviously important that a new chairman is appointed as soon as possible.

My point in response to Witney Wag was that it's ridiculous if people get their knickers in a twist if members aren't "informed today"!

Thanks, Simon. It's obviously important that a new chairman is appointed as soon as possible.

My point in response to Witney Wag was that it's ridiculous if people get their knickers in a twist if members aren't "informed today"!
Well said Mr Lode! Hope you are well?

Yes - thanks, Maurice. Hope you are, too.

All set for Brentford on Saturday.:)

Of course it’s important we as members know today what decision or decisions were made at last nights meeting. The committee have been very evasive over the last few months concluding with the sudden resignation of the chairman. The club have lost three very important games on the run and as of today we have seen one loan signing and a young player who has never played at EFL level.

We pay our membership fees to the trust to act on our behalf and yet a simple email to members informing us of any changes would not be to much to ask.

Firstly, all OxVox committee members are volunteers so I don't think it's right to be demanding immediate action from those giving up their valuable time on our behalf. Also, I would hope that the committee and the wider membership look at making the right decisions for moving matters forward rather than making a rash emotional decision.

Ultimately, Tiger et al has no obligation to give any information to OxVox or any other group of supporters. So to go into any discussions kicking and screaming will get us nowhere. I hope that OxVox are able to reband and work collectively to build a better relationship with Tiger and to support all of us in getting the right information. That might mean bringing new blood on to the committee or resuffling the pack. As mentioned before, Colin should be thanked for his work with OxVox, but now is the time for unity and working towards the long term benefit of our club. If this takes a few days to get sorted then so be it.

Of course it’s important we as members know today what decision or decisions were made at last nights meeting. The committee have been very evasive over the last few months concluding with the sudden resignation of the chairman. The club have lost three very important games on the run and as of today we have seen one loan signing and a young player who has never played at EFL level.

We pay our membership fees to the trust to act on our behalf and yet a simple email to members informing us of any changes would not be to much to ask.

Get a bloody grip!!

Get a bloody grip!!

Quite.

I run a few extra-curricular activities which involve meetings/minutes etc. and will issue comms when I can. This is always done without unnecessary delay but:

1) I also have a proper job to do
2) Minutes/comms quite often need to be reviewed by more than one person and so can take a few days to issue

If we know the Chairperson today or early next week, what difference does it make - none.

Get a bloody grip!!

Hi again. A simple email confirming the make up of the officers would not take long to produce. All,this crap about their volunteers counts for nothing. They stood for election knowing full well there would be work involved and unpaid. If they are not able to commit then they should not have stood. With over a 1000 members they have a duty to be transparent and informative.

Quite.

I run a few extra-curricular activities which involve meetings/minutes etc. and will issue comms when I can. This is always done without unnecessary delay but:

1) I also have a proper job to do
2) Minutes/comms quite often need to be reviewed by more than one person and so can take a few days to issue

If we know the Chairperson today or early next week, what difference does it make - none.

So,do I and I can assure you the flow of information is key to success. I work full time and attend and take minutes at meetings, some information takes longer than others in distributing, however a list of the new roles would be a fairly easy task to distribute by email and on the Oxvox site.

So,do I and I can assure you the flow of information is key to success. I work full time and attend and take minutes at meetings, some information takes longer than others in distributing, however a list of the new roles would be a fairly easy task to distribute by email and on the Oxvox site.

I don't disagree and if it's not there by the middle of next week, then I think you've got a fair point. To call for it within half a day of the meeting occurring is a bit OTT. Perhaps there were proposals put forward last night that an Oxvox Committee member needs to think about in terms of their personal time commitments.

If there is something so pressing that you need them to act today or tomorrow then drop them an email.

Back
Top Bottom