New Chairman named soon

I am incandescent with rage that I wasn't awakened by a personal messenger from OxVox bearing a vellum sheet with detailed notes and requesting my advice.

It's just not professional.

Really? I was which was obviously something of a suprise but then I'm a life member, perhaps it's part of this VIP package - you get what you pay for :D

I am incandescent with rage that I wasn't awakened by a personal messenger from OxVox bearing a vellum sheet with detailed notes and requesting my advice.

It's just not professional.
So you should be. Nice to see a committee memeber is active on here Maybe Mr Earp could have produce a short but informative email giving us the name of the new chairman. That’s of course if he attended the meeting.

I'm not, despite appearances, an actual committee member,old lad. However I did dine with Mr Earp at the estimable No 1 Ship Street last night. He ate a dozen Whitstable oysters, followed by boned and stuffed rabbit with pommes parmentier, I sated myself with a lobster and venison souffle followed with beef Wellington and pommes dauphinoise. We shared a side of petits pois a la Vendeene. It's not secret to say that we added to the natural jollity of the event by pretending that Danny, the new senior waiter guy, is Italian. Always pisses him off.

I'm not, despite appearances, an actual committee member,old lad. However I did dine with Mr Earp at the estimable No 1 Ship Street last night. He ate a dozen Whitstable oysters, followed by boned and stuffed rabbit with pommes parmentier, I sated myself with a lobster and venison souffle followed with beef Wellington and pommes dauphinoise. We shared a side of petits pois a la Vendeene. It's not secret to say that we added to the natural jollity of the event by pretending that Danny, the new senior waiter guy, is Italian. Always pisses him off.
It's not easy boning a rabbit!

So you should be. Nice to see a committee memeber is active on here Maybe Mr Earp could have produce a short but informative email giving us the name of the new chairman. That’s of course if he attended the meeting.
Actually, due to health issues, I was unable to attend the meeting last night. I too, am awaiting the minutes.

There was a meeting last evening and it would correct to assumed that a discussion on the change of officers would have taken place and probably carried out. Under normal circumstances the outcome would not be as urgent as it is now. Members should be informed today as to what is going on. The club is in turmoil and the supporters need some clarification and answers to many questions.
Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the meeting last night and I await the minutes which I am sure will be produced as soon as possible.
If I may make a couple of comments that are mine and mine alone.
(1) You want instantaneous reports/minutes of the meeting. As most of the committee are in full time employment this is nigh on impossible.
(2) The committee are all volunteers that do have lives outside of OUFC - bet you can't believe that can you?

Can someone please change the title of this thread? I keep seeing it and get really excited until I see it’s not in the ‘boardroom’ section ?

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the meeting last night and I await the minutes which I am sure will be produced as soon as possible.
(1) You want instantaneous reports/minutes of the meeting. As most of the committee are in full time employment this is nigh on impossible.
(2) The committee are all volunteers that do have lives outside of OUFC - bet you can't believe that can you?
To reply to those very valid points, they did put themselves forward in full knowledge of what would be required of them, I hope they have the mettle to see the job through.

To reply to those very valid points, they did put themselves forward in full knowledge of what would be required of them, I hope they have the mettle to see the job through.

Really? Where does it say "Must provide instant communication with the membership" in the job description?

It is reasonable to wait a few days its why we, the members, elect a committee to act reasonably on our behalf.
If those who can`t wait a few days are that incandescent with rage they could always stand for the role(s)

............but typing B*****s on a forum is much easier eh?

We all have lives outside of OUFC and in some instances serve on committees such as sports clubs, charities etc in which case you make a decision to stand for election on the basis that you can give the required amount of time to do the job properly. If you are unable to comit to that, don’t stand for election. Now a simple email to the membership giving a update of officers in place including the new chairperson is not a difficult or time consuming task. Not asking for a full set of minutes ass they would take up time to prepare and agree. I’m not asking for instantaneous information, just on this very important issue of who is the new chairperson to be leading a 1000+ memebership of the trust.

Really? Where does it say "Must provide instant communication with the membership" in the job description?

It is reasonable to wait a few days its why we, the members, elect a committee to act reasonably on our behalf.
If those who can`t wait a few days are that incandescent with rage they could always stand for the role(s)

Essex yellows, the fact is that history tells us that Oxvox is very slow in sharing information and the over use of the words “confidentiality” and “we are unable to share this information” has worn very thin over the last few years.

I never said anything instant communication, I was just pointing out they knew what comes with the territory when they took the gig.
but as you said "typing B*****s on a forum is much easier eh?"

As somebody who also sits on 3 voluntary committee positions, one with 28,000 members, I have an understanding about the importance of communications with the members.

Chair resigns. Membership informed promptly as its a fact. (y)

Committee meets to discuss the reasons, the culture, the difficulties... that will be a difficult meeting especially if you "lose" a good Chair.
Somebody on the current committee may wish to stand as Chair.
Maybe nobody does want the "job".
Maybe somebody needs to change the committee culture that led to the resignation.
Maybe lots of phone calls/emails etc are going on.

All the above is conjecture on my part but probably not far off.

As a member I don`t need the details of the committee conversations.... its why we elected them.

I would like considered facts and clear communication once the dust has settled.

We all moan at Tiger for "saying something with nothing said"....... I don`t want our Trust going the same way. :)

Essex yellows, the fact is that history tells us that Oxvox is very slow in sharing information and the over use of the words “confidentiality” and “we are unable to share this information” has worn very thin over the last few years.

Have you ever considered that, especially as the club is a private business, they may have requested confidentiality on multiple occasions?
I have given similar statements to members because the Government minister has categorically said "This is to remain confidential until...."
I get emails that are embargoed until particular dates, phone calls where I am party to "juicy news" but its to go no further.
Its called respect & negotiation.................. effectively the committee have been "tipped a wink" that everything is OK, but folk at the top of the food chain want the stage/glory call it what you like.
We elect the committee, about 1,000 of us............ I wish it the membership was in the 5-6,000 mark and we would be better heard but we have to accept what we get and, if we don`t like it, change it.

Back
Top Bottom