New Chairman named soon

Testimony to the quality of the place, dear lad. Disappointed to not be offered cardoons with the rabbit; what do their sous-chefs do all shift?

If it’s anything like what most sous-chefs do, you really don’t want to know…

Have you ever considered that, especially as the club is a private business, they may have requested confidentiality on multiple occasions?
I have given similar statements to members because the Government minister has categorically said "This is to remain confidential until...."
I get emails that are embargoed until particular dates, phone calls where I am party to "juicy news" but its to go no further.
Its called respect & negotiation.................. effectively the committee have been "tipped a wink" that everything is OK, but folk at the top of the food chain want the stage/glory call it what you like.
We elect the committee, about 1,000 of us............ I wish it the membership was in the 5-6,000 mark and we would be better heard but we have to accept what we get and, if we don`t like it, change it.
As much as I agree with what you have put, all the committee had to do was choose a new chairman from their group to replace the outgoing chairman who left, that's not really hard to do and could of been put out within an hour of the conclusion of the meeting, they have managed to put other stuff out in the media in the same time frame as that meeting finished 2 days ago.
Dear Oxvox Members, we thank the outgoing chairman CB for his time, we have elected _______ to be temporary chair until the April AGM where we will revisit the process.

Hi again. A simple email confirming the make up of the officers would not take long to produce. All,this crap about their volunteers counts for nothing. They stood for election knowing full well there would be work involved and unpaid. If they are not able to commit then they should not have stood. With over a 1000 members they have a duty to be transparent and informative.

Interesting that it's only you who seems to be claiming to speak for the 1000+ members.

You're not speaking for this one!

The OxVox email has been out nearly an hour and @Witney Wag still hasn't responded. How long does it take to put a reply on here?! He has a commitment to openness and transparency and I'm quite frankly appalled by his response!!!
I don't doubt it will be coming soon enough:sleep:

The OxVox email has been out nearly an hour and @Witney Wag still hasn't responded. How long does it take to put a reply on here?! He has a commitment to openness and transparency and I'm quite frankly appalled by his response!!!

Scotchegg I was waiting for your response. Now at least we know who the interim Chairman is. As for the rest of the information, tellsmembers very little in my opinion. Regarding the Scarlett Pimpernel Mr Earp his attendance at meetings would mirror many of those in the House of Lords, patchy to say the least.

Scotchegg I was waiting for your response. Now at least we know who the interim Chairman is. As for the rest of the information, tellsmembers very little in my opinion. Regarding the Scarlett Pimpernel Mr Earp his attendance at meetings would mirror many of those in the House of Lords, patchy to say the least.

So you can attend the AGM on 30th March and put yourself forward for election. There are 3 positions vacant so you'd have a great chance of being successful.

Alternatively, you can whine on here.

Meeting attendance is Patchy - Really???
You are obviously a troll.
Are you a member of OxVox? If so, please let me have your membership number so I can see who the troll is I'm talking to? Or do you have to hide behind a nom-de-plume?

Witney Wag.

Maurice has an exemplary record of attendance at meetings over a number of years. Unfortunately, Maurice is suffering from ill health and was not able to make this particular meeting. Something all of us on the committee support him with.

If you’d like to persist with your personal insults towards him, please do so elsewhere.

Alternatively, message us privately on here with your membership number and we can address any concerns you may have.

Last edited:
Witney Wag.

Maurice has an exemplary record of attendance at meetings over a number of years. Unfortunately, Maurice is suffering from ill health and was not able to make this particular meeting. Something all of us on the committee support him with.

If you’d like to persist with your personal insults towards him, please do so elsewhere.

Alternatively, message us privately on here with your membership number and we can address any concerns you may have.
Guess an old post of mine got caught up?

Update 2 has arrived.

It’s interesting and quite long. It won’t be enough for some but there’s some more meat on the bone.

Update 2 has arrived.

It’s interesting and quite long. It won’t be enough for some but there’s some more meat on the bone.

At least there is clarification around Thohir and an indication with regards to the HMRC issue. An all round solid statement that end some conjecture but will also raise further questions

Given the nature of the questions and the implications stated for not revealing more information, I find the update more than acceptable and a sensible status for the moment.

A dialogue has been opened and Tiger has accepted (along with the MD) that more openness and informative conversations are necessary to keep the supporters of OUFC happy. Hopefully this will also be reflected in "The Chairman's notes" in the match day programmes.
I fully accept and support the reasons for not naming prospective sites for a potential stadium build. I am also pleased that, at last, all those who were propagating the ludicrous notion of relocating to Bicester can be silenced.
The temporary installation of Vice-Chair as Chair is both sensible and normal practice with the AGM to follow very soon. I wish him all the very best.

Well done OxVox.

As somebody who also sits on 3 voluntary committee positions, one with 28,000 members, I have an understanding about the importance of communications with the members.

Chair resigns. Membership informed promptly as its a fact. (y)

Committee meets to discuss the reasons, the culture, the difficulties... that will be a difficult meeting especially if you "lose" a good Chair.
Somebody on the current committee may wish to stand as Chair.
Maybe nobody does want the "job".
Maybe somebody needs to change the committee culture that led to the resignation.
Maybe lots of phone calls/emails etc are going on.

All the above is conjecture on my part but probably not far off.

As a member I don`t need the details of the committee conversations.... its why we elected them.

I would like considered facts and clear communication once the dust has settled.

We all moan at Tiger for "saying something with nothing said"....... I don`t want our Trust going the same way. :)

Seems I hit the nail firmly on the head.......... thanks for the comms Oxvox, its not easy stepping up & doing compared to petty sniping from the sidelines eh @Witney Wag ? Hope you are standing at the AGM........... ;)

Back
Top Bottom