New board member

Fully kitted out too:
EaysET7WsAAmP2d

Rather than create a new thread, Anindya Bakire has posted an interesting thread on Twitter today:

Roughly translated as:

I in the world of football might be a new thing, but for the Bakrie Family, this is nothing new. Bakrie has long been invested in soccer both domestically and abroad. Even Bakrie has invested in @LCFC 2010-2012 (unfortunately not until 2016 and the champion #Bakrie #OUFC #SepakBola Anindya N. Bakrie @anindyabakrie ·

So it would not hurt if I then also tried investing and studying in English football which is the number one soccer tournament in the world. #Bakrie #OUFC #EnglishFootBall #SepakBola #FootBall Anindya N. Bakrie @anindyabakrie ·

As for why the choice is @OUFCOfficial who is not a Premier League club? Because we want to learn step by step, proceed from the bottom and thank God our club has the opportunity to promote to the second caste competition, the Championship Division (please pray??) #Bakrie #OUFC Anindya N. Bakrie @anindyabakrie ·

Plus the Oxford Brand is already very well known with a student / teacher community of around 50,000, the location is close to London, the club's history has been more than 130 years. #Bakrie #OUFC #EnglishFootBall #SepakBola #FootBall Anindya N. Bakrie @anindyabakrie ·

There was also a question why choosing an outside club instead of investing in a local club? The Bakrie family has also been investing and contributing to the local Indonesian League club, besides that in other sports such as basketball, etc. #Bakrie #OUFC #EnglishFootBall #SepakBola #FootBall Anindya N. Bakrie @anindyabakrie ·

Even hope with my friend @erickthohir who are both investing in @OUFCOfficial , we can make the experience from the UK to advance the ball industry in Indonesia. Moreover, Erick is also experienced at Inter Milan and @dcunited #Bakrie #OUFC #EnglishFootBall Anindya N. Bakrie @anindyabakrie ·

Moreover, Britain is the origin of industrialization and the Bakrie Business Group has more than 78 years in the industrial world. Of course there will be many things I can learn, and indeed many opportunities can be drawn from the good relations between Indonesia and the UK. Anindya N. Bakrie @anindyabakrie ·

That's a little point that I equate on the program earlier. May be useful. Thank you to BritCham Indonesia for your time. Always success for everything.
Im surprised this post hasnt had more reaction. Quite exciting news I reckon and also seems to confirm that Erick is still involved in some capacity if Im understanding correctly?

Im surprised this post hasnt had more reaction. Quite exciting news I reckon and also seems to confirm that Erick is still involved in some capacity if Im understanding correctly?

It looks good about Thohir but I'm not sure what the else means as we've heard most of it before but it is good for further confirmation at least.

I mean this with respect to people, but I would imagine not a lot of people would realise who Anindya Bakrie is or what his background is, and that he is investing in our club.

It has been a little unclear with Erick's involvement/investment after he resigned as a Director, but I thought it was a nice thing "in the round" to read and fill in some gaps. It certainly does highlight there is some sort of plan in place.

I suppose some of the reticence among some, if indeed thats what there is, is because we as oxford fans - particularly us older ones - have seen it all too often before to get too excited by words and promises. As always actions speak louder than words. Having said that, I usually class myself in the more cynical bracket, I was as critical of Tiger after his opening pressie as anyone, but the fact that this all feels like a slow burner, with everything seeming to be built meticulously, in the right order without any fanfares, has me feeling - dare I say it - optimistic about our future

Thohir had to resign his directors position as he was taking a position on the International Olympic Committee. He has always maintained involvement in the club, and he is one of the main driving forces behind any future stadium. Corona has put everything on hold, and there is still some uncertainty as to what football will look like when we come out the other side. But I wouldn't be surprised to see us in a stronger position than many teams around the top of league one and the lower end of the Championship. Pessimism is understandable with our history, but I honestly think that things are beginning to come together nicely, and a little promotion will do that no harm at all!

Back
Top Bottom