New Beginnings

I am sensing from the present strange void around the club that we are on the verge of a new era in the fortunes of OUFC. The fact that this has been going on for so long and that those who would normally be ITK haven’t heard a thing suggests to me that this is bigger than just a change of ownership. Oxford is a globally recognised brand and I believe that is what has led a multi national organisation fronted by Tiger to want to acquire the club. If I’m right then this will almost certainly involve acquiring the stadium from Kassam and possibly the estate around the Stadium. Now this may just be wishful thinking on my part but how would you feel if at the start of next season we were owned by a multi billion pound group which owned a stadium which with money thrown at it could be transformed into a stadium to be proud of and had a top new manager with a playing budget guaranteed to getting us to the Championship and beyond?
After all, how many people around the world have heard of Oxford but don’t have a clue where Leicester is?

I would love you to be right. But looking at what Tiger and his bods did to Reading then it’s more likely he’ll buy the ground, develop the corners into flats, build houses on the rear car park and where the 4th stand should be a few small retail outlets.
It seems to me Tiger and Ka$$am have more in common than bears thinking about.
But let’s see.

and this would be a bad thing because?

I would love us to become a top premier league side, with a whole squad of multi millionaire players, but then I am a house burglar by trade and having 23 mega rich players away for European games regularly would be a great boost to my business plus save me a fortune in petrol.

Best post this year

We all seem to be overlooking something. We've had a dickhead of a stadium (3 poxy stands) for 18 f*****g 'they laugh their B*****s off' years! If all we get is another stand, then I, for one, will be a lot more happy-f*****g-er. Oh, and some decent players, a bloody good manager and the real possibility of playing in the so-called championship. And can someone buy a dog so that it can run onto the f*****g pitch? Are we going to say 'bye-bye' to curse-him, too?
Think the Travelers left one at Pear tree pp.

F*ck the plastic premiershit, my personal hopes for OUFC is for the club to become self sufficient and represent the community proudly.

If that's going between L1 and the championship then that is fine by me. People may say I am lacking in ambition, no I don't want to lose my club to football tourists and the type who will only turn up when we have a big game.

For all the ups and far more downs, I want to keep my OUFC as the club I love and adore.

Anyway you’ve always got Rangers to fall back on.

I would love to be in the prem, I reckon £200 million would solve a few of our problems, that’s worth putting up with a few jap tourists for a season ain’t it?

F*ck the plastic premiershit, my personal hopes for OUFC is for the club to become self sufficient and represent the community proudly.

If that's going between L1 and the championship then that is fine by me. People may say I am lacking in ambition, no I don't want to lose my club to football tourists and the type who will only turn up when we have a big game.

For all the ups and far more downs, I want to keep my OUFC as the club I love and adore.
AMen. I’m very glad we haven’t become a feeder club for Monaco

I would love us to become a top premier league side, with a whole squad of multi millionaire players, but then I am a house burglar by trade and having 23 mega rich players away for European games regularly would be a great boost to my business plus save me a fortune in petrol.
After today's press conference, my OP now seems less wishful thinking and more dreaming the impossible dream.

We wouldn’t stay in the prem long though would we, but we would gain some new fans who would stick by us (like Pompey whose crowds are up compared to pre Harry days) and lose the nobheads once we are relegated. Get up, grab the tv cash, fleece the nobheads/tourists for a year or two sounds alright to me.

Getting promoted from the championship would be a hell of an achievement for us, why would you want to deny yourself that great season just because you don’t like the league above?

Back
Top Bottom