Netherlands v England

RyanioBirdio

Even when the very first match of the tournament is a semi final, England still manage to lose it 😆

Big mistake in trying to sit on a one goal lead. The second the equaliser happened England suddenly started to move the ball and attack. Tried to be too clever for their own good rather than trying to kill the game.

Sarge

Even when the very first match of the tournament is a semi final, England still manage to lose it 😆

Big mistake in trying to sit on a one goal lead. The second the equaliser happened England suddenly started to move the ball and attack. Tried to be too clever for their own good rather than trying to kill the game.
International equivilent of the old (pre Shaun Harvey meddling) Paint pot trophy?
:unsure::oops::sneaky:

horseman

Don't think it was a case of sitting on a 1 goal lead but more hit them on counter attacks with pace which we're normal pretty good at.

Tommy Smith Norman Hunter Chopper Harris our own Briggsy would have loved VAR deciding offsides, they'd have the opponent in Row G before they even had chance to review it :)

LeftSideBoy

Barkley
Delph
Lindgard
Ali
Stones
McGuire

All bang average.

For the life of me, I do not know why Henderson didn't start ahead of Delph. The only time we looked close to confident in midfield was when Henderson was on. He's a no frills player but he is superb at mopping up the second ball and his distribution from midfield is spot on.

Didcotox

Barkley
Delph
Lindgard
Ali
Stones
McGuire

All bang average.

For the life of me, I do not know why Henderson didn't start ahead of Delph. The only time we looked close to confident in midfield was when Henderson was on. He's a no frills player but he is superb at mopping up the second ball and his distribution from midfield is spot on.
He only passed a fitness test a few hours before the game. Was never going to start.

LeftSideBoy

He only passed a fitness test a few hours before the game. Was never going to start.
I can understand that, given the champions league final and PL run in. Maybe they should have tested Delph after the warm up because he was shite.

Oufcrealist

That should be the last time we see Stones. He is not an inexperienced kid anymore, he has not learned to play safe. You should never take on a player when you are the last man. He failed at set peices as well. In very important games he is/will be a liability.

makv

That was a seriously dire game of football. I was praying for it not to go into extra time.

Oldham

Don't think it was a case of sitting on a 1 goal lead but more hit them on counter attacks with pace which we're normal pretty good at.

Tommy Smith Norman Hunter Chopper Harris our own Briggsy would have loved VAR deciding offsides, they'd have the opponent in Row G before they even had chance to review it :)
And Bremner and McKay... lovely stuff👍

D

Deleted member 222

Barkley
Delph
Lindgard
Ali
Stones
McGuire

All bang average.

Barkley was involved in the europa league final just last week which was played in the out back of Europe.
Delph & Stones have had a tough, mentally draining end of the season to win the premier league.
Ali has had injury and fitness issues this season while also playing 82 minutes in the Champions League final on Saturday.
Lingard has had a inconsistent season due to injury but actually improved England once he came on.
Maguire, I've always thought wasn't as good as some people make him out to be.

Last night's game showed that players do need a proper rest after a long hard season. Yes people will argue how much money they get paid etc but that money comes with a lot of pressure to win trophies.
8 out of the 15 players that played for England last night either won the premier league and FA Cup, the europa league or the champions league. To play a full league season on top of winning those trophies isn't just physically draining but also mentally draining on players.

ljs

Barkley was involved in the europa league final just last week which was played in the out back of Europe.
Delph & Stones have had a tough, mentally draining end of the season to win the premier league.
Ali has had injury and fitness issues this season while also playing 82 minutes in the Champions League final on Saturday.
Lingard has had a inconsistent season due to injury but actually improved England once he came on.
Maguire, I've always thought wasn't as good as some people make him out to be.

Last night's game showed that players do need a proper rest after a long hard season. Yes people will argue how much money they get paid etc but that money comes with a lot of pressure to win trophies.
8 out of the 15 players that played for England last night either won the premier league and FA Cup, the europa league or the champions league. To play a full league season on top of winning those trophies isn't just physically draining but also mentally draining on players.
Snowflakes.

Concretebob

Holland pretty much dominated extra time, it was a deserved outcome.

Do think it would have been better to have these finals a bit further into the summer.