Nelson's replacement?

He will go, he is to good for league one unfortunately for us, but he has been a credit to himself with his performances and attitude in the second half of the season when some players coast in his situation.

He deserves a good send off after the Doncaster game, been a good player for us.

No thanks on Aaron Pierre. Does Jordan Willis or Christian Burgess play as the left centre back?

No thanks on Aaron Pierre. Does Jordan Willis or Christian Burgess play as the left centre back?
To be honest, not sure on either. I was impressed with Willis when we played at the Ricoh recently and if my memory isn’t playing tricks on me I think he was the left CB?

To be honest, not sure on either. I was impressed with Willis when we played at the Ricoh recently and if my memory isn’t playing tricks on me I think he was the left CB?

He’s definitely leaving Cov in the summer.

Forget it. You saw the new CB tonight. Robbo saying he will play for England.
As good as he was and he WAS.
Let's not start heaping pressure on the lad. He played with an old head and that's a good sign, a natural if you like. But let's just let him progress with appropriate time and have a top player on our hands. Get him signed as a pro ASAP!!

Not sure why we haven’t started singing...we want you to stay..we want you to stay, Curtis Nelson we want you to stay.....

I can't recall the club, but the paucity of left footed players in football means clubs are putting on sessions to find them and nurture the talent.

Well I think the only way we can keep CN is to obviously offer him a lucrative deal, and really get the owners to sit with him and his agent, and show him the exact plans for the future.

It’s a long shot, and once he’s gone I will really miss him. He’s quality centre half and a pleasure to watch in a yellow shirt, and always gives his best!

Cmon Curtis sign for us, we’ll be in the championship soon enough

Robinson said he was a Rolls Royce. Id so, 1/ He has to play the two remaining games and see if he could step up 2/ Do we have 2 other RR in the building? 3/ LR said his "problem"(?) would be keeping an England shirt off this guys back - then said he wasn't even signed. FFS OUFC. Sign him now just based on the assessment. If he is a RR and is good enough, he needs to start playing from game 1. Experience necessary. Blood him fully next game

Well I think the only way we can keep CN is to obviously offer him a lucrative deal, and really get the owners to sit with him and his agent, and show him the exact plans for the future.

It’s a long shot, and once he’s gone I will really miss him. He’s quality centre half and a pleasure to watch in a yellow shirt, and always gives his best!

It also depends on how much success tiger and his mob want for Oxford

Possibly, but he has scored a couple of good goals in the last couple of games and is in the window of a club which is winning. I think Pompey.

As good as he was and he WAS.
Let's not start heaping pressure on the lad. He played with an old head and that's a good sign, a natural if you like. But let's just let him progress with appropriate time and have a top player on our hands. Get him signed as a pro ASAP!!
He was very impressive but at 17 a year around some experienced players will do him good. Not sure we should be expecting him to be a regular starter just yet

Was mightily impressed today though

Robinson said he was a Rolls Royce. Id so, 1/ He has to play the two remaining games and see if he could step up 2/ Do we have 2 other RR in the building? 3/ LR said his "problem"(?) would be keeping an England shirt off this guys back - then said he wasn't even signed. FFS OUFC. Sign him now just based on the assessment. If he is a RR and is good enough, he needs to start playing from game 1. Experience necessary. Blood him fully next game

Iirc, KR said it was a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's. I would argue that Nico Jones isn't going to get many clubs better for getting a chance of regular 1st team football than us at the moment.

Further I'm pretty confident KR's interview has not suddenly made other clubs aware of Nico Jones. I'm pretty certain they will already be aware of him, certainly Bournemouth will be aware of him considering we played their youth team.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Hope Nelson gets a really good reception tomorrow. It's our last chance to try (probably in vain) to convince him to stay, but I also think he should be shown some appreciation for how well he's handled the situation this year. Without his recent performances there's no doubt we'd be much further down the table than we are now.

The likes of Marvin Johnson have a lot to learn from Nelson.

Back
Top Bottom