Nelson

Him and Dickie were very good tonight. Have tonight’s back 5 together for the remaining games we should get what we need.
Nelson was calm and assured. Alongside Dickie they look a good CB partnership.
I assume Mousinho will play Saturday. Could Nelson play two games in a week?

Him and Dickie were very good tonight. Have tonight’s back 5 together for the remaining games we should get what we need.

He’ll definitely want to

Tonight's performance makes you realise just how much we missed him.

Given that Robinson rested the likes of Lego, Henry, Rothwell and anything we have that resembles a striker last night to save them for Donny I'd assume he's confident that Nelson can play again Saturday. I'd certainly hope so, that would give us a solid base that we've lacked most the season.

With Mous and Nelson, We also have the option of sticking Dickie up front is our legion of strikers cant hit a cows ass

What about attacking though??
The good news is that we won't be playing against Wigan again.

We made enough chances against Fleetwood and Southend. And scored a couple against Southend. We need to hope that the same happens v Donny on Saturday. I hope that Henry is fit for Saturday as he makes/ scores a few as well as his general play.

Can’t see how that’s a good decision, look at the difference he’s made already, Mousinho isn’t up to it clearly and so much is at stake.

Entirely depends on Nelson's recovery as assessed by the medical team IMO. If playing him again so quickly after a long layoff gives any possibility at all of setting his long term recovery back then don't play him. Otherwise - 100% put him in the team.

I would rather have him for Rochdale which is a massive game for us.

KR was going for a draw (unless other teams down around us were winning) so needed a solid defence, hence playing Nelson.
Think he will be going for the win next though.

Seeing as the next two games against Donny and Rochdale are the ones we’re really targeting to get the points in, I would have preferred it if Nelson had got just 45 mins against Wigan to build his match fitness up. Hindsight is obviously 20/20 vision but playing him for the whole game, meaning he’s not available tomorrow appears to have been a bit of a waste. I can only assume Robinson used him at Wigan with the aim of keeping a clean sheet. So close and yet so far..

Back
Top Bottom