Nelson

If the worst happens and he does go this month (and even if he doesn't, actually), would it be worth trying to get Jake Wright back until the end of the season? Naturally left sided, a brilliant leader, and someone the fans would love to see back. I think it's worth a shot.
jake wright is s**t.......next

That figure could rise to £280,000 subject to Nelson making a certain number of appearances for United, while it is understood a 20 per cent sell-on clause has also been included.

from https://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/sport...bunal__says_Plymouth_Argyle_s_Martyn_Starnes/

From the PFA

The Committee met on Monday 7th November and decided:

• Oxford United should pay Plymouth Argyle an initial net compensation fee of £200,000.
• Additionally, Oxford United are to pay Plymouth Argyle a further sum of £20,000 on the player making 15, 30, 45 and 60 first team appearances – a potential further payment of £80,000.
• Finally, Plymouth Argyle will receive 20 per cent of any profit made by Oxford United in selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

20% of any profit. Clearly the £80k has come into play as he has made about eighty appearances

From the PFA

The Committee met on Monday 7th November and decided:

• Oxford United should pay Plymouth Argyle an initial net compensation fee of £200,000.
• Additionally, Oxford United are to pay Plymouth Argyle a further sum of £20,000 on the player making 15, 30, 45 and 60 first team appearances – a potential further payment of £80,000.
• Finally, Plymouth Argyle will receive 20 per cent of any profit made by Oxford United in selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

20% of any profit. Clearly the £80k has come into play as he has made about eighty appearances
So, if my maths is right, if he goes for 750k we have to pay Plymouth another 94k

£750k for a defender with a few months left on his contract?! Give over!

Reckon he’ll be off for £300k at most.

I think Nelson will see his contract out and leave for nothing in June. In the meantime he will have his agent talking to clubs and agreeing a pre contract deal .

I think Nelson will see his contract out and leave for nothing in June. In the meantime he will have his agent talking to clubs and agreeing a pre contract deal .
Agreed. Nelson is patient enough to hold on to the summer.

It would be daft of him to agree any move in January as any fee will impact on his salary and signing on fee.

Back
Top Bottom