Nelson

PottersRightBoot

Rather than reheat all of the justified criticism of today’s apology of a team performance can I just say that our centre half was magnificent today.

If he goes we are relegated. I admired his work rate, his strength in the air and his willingness to push forward. No else did.
I did kind of felt sorry for Robinson today. A manager. can do nothing when a Dickie type clanger is dropped..

Rather than reheat all of the justified criticism of today’s apology of a team performance can I just say that our centre half was magnificent today.

If he goes we are relegated. I admired his work rate, his strength in the air and his willingness to push forward. No else did.
I did kind of felt sorry for Robinson today. A manager. can do nothing when a Dickie type clanger is dropped..

100% agree.
Nelson was and has,by and large,been consistently in control.
I have been mystified by the comments by others,of him not being “ on it” etc.
True,he perhaps could and should have scored in several games ,but at least he was in the box trying.
It was telling, at one point late in yesterday’s BR game, that Henry stayed deep in defence to allow Nelson to go forward.

I would rather have him in the team than not.

He was indeed immense yesterday and the poster is correct without him relegation is a distinct possibility. There are clubs after him and Tiger will have his price, let’s hope no other club is prepared to match this price due to the fact that he is a free agent in the summer. Fingers crossed.

As things were so desperate yesterday I would have bought Raglan on and pushed Nelson forward instead of bringing a 16 year old on. He is a top player at this level and like you say we can’t let him go if we want to stay up.

He was indeed immense yesterday and the poster is correct without him relegation is a distinct possibility. There are clubs after him and Tiger will have his price, let’s hope no other club is prepared to match this price due to the fact that he is a free agent in the summer. Fingers crossed.
Relegation is a distinct possibility anyway.

Very much agree. Think Nelson did got through a poor patch earlier this season, but his performance yesterday was good and he was very committed to the cause.

I’d rather he went for free in the summer and he stayed to help us secure safety. He seems like a top pro.

I too don't get how anyone can say he was poor. He was excellent. Head and shoulders above the rest. A class act. He was coming back from i njury earlier in the season having been out a very long time. Totally forgiveable and understandable that he was not at his very best immediately.

How much is staying in this division worth? I have no idea but it must be more than the pittance we will receive for a player who can be picked up for free in 6 months.

I think he will stay and get himself more money moving on a free, a player like Nelson available with no transfer fee could get clubs competing and that will up his signing on and wages, hope that’s his thinking anyway.

If Nelson is allowed to leave next month it will say to me that the club needs the money more than league 1 survival. Who knows, maybe we’ll sell him for 150k to cover the next paye bill?

If Nelson went for £150k then you know we are fucked, I think this month might tell us a fair bit about Tiger and co.
If he goes in Jan the fee will be undisclosed. If he does not go till the summer it will tell us more about Tiger and his merry gang

Really he should have gone last summer (when it was obvious his contract wasn't being renewed) and the money invested in another new centre half. Unfortunately KR is spending that money and he would probably have brought an injury prone ex mate of his on his way down on a 3 year deal.

Really he should have gone last summer (when it was obvious his contract wasn't being renewed) and the money invested in another new centre half. Unfortunately KR is spending that money and he would probably have brought an injury prone ex mate of his on his way down on a 3 year deal.

When you say it was obvious his contract wasn't being renewed, that means you know he wasn't offered one?

The club clearly offered him a contract at the end of last season.
He has been out for most of the season so to be fair it wasnt the best time to get wha5 he was worth.

I will say he missed an absolute sitter against Bristol Rovers from a corner.

I will say he missed an absolute sitter against Bristol Rovers from a corner.

Still on twice as many goals as our centre forward for the season though, and equal with all 3 that have failed as the lone forward, which is pretty damning of those that have played there and the one up top format which Robinson insists on.

Still on twice as many goals as our centre forward for the season though, and equal with all 3 that have failed as the lone forward, which is pretty damning of those that have played there and the one up top format which Robinson insists on.

Hang on isn't Mackie on 3 goals and Nelson on 2 (according to Rageonline when I looked)? Both missed sitters Vs Rovers but Mackie got flagged for offside.

Thought he has one in the league and one in the cup? Could be wrong though. Not really fair to compare a centre half to a centre forward for goals scored, but Nelson is chipping in at roughly the same rate as our centre forwards for goals, I know who that comparison looks worse on.

I know it was offside but didn’t he (Mackie) actually clear his own scuffed two yard tap in attempt with his second go at it?

Thought he has one in the league and one in the cup? Could be wrong though. Not really fair to compare a centre half to a centre forward for goals scored, but Nelson is chipping in at roughly the same rate as our centre forwards for goals, I know who that comparison looks worse on.

I know it was offside but didn’t he (Mackie) actually clear his own scuffed two yard tap in attempt with his second go at it?

Yes he did, pretty much stood on the ball then knocked it away with his heel iirc.

It was still a bad miss by Nelson considering it was a free header, one he should be scoring for a player of his quality.

Back
Top Bottom