Nelson

Sounded like a spoilt kid right from the off in the RO interview, obviously didn’t want to be put in that situation or for that matter at the club!

The writing is on the wall after that and was obviously given to the media for to confirm it to the fans.
Just his style when losing I think.Sounded like that when Radox asked him about losing the captaincy earlier on in the season.

Agreed, although not a trait that makes a good captain and maybe one of the reasons he lost it (along with wanting away!)

Or you could say maybe he was more worried about losing the game than just rumours of moving clubs.

Far better than anybody else we have in that position - apart from which, would you want to play for our clueless manager and a chairman who clearly has no idea about football

Sounded like a spoilt kid right from the off in the RO interview, obviously didn’t want to be put in that situation or for that matter at the club!

The writing is on the wall after that and was obviously given to the media for to confirm it

The writing is on the wall after that and was obviously given to the media for to confirm it to the fans.
I would get rid now. Who the hell does he think he is! Very arrogant & he knows he holds all the cards. I would drop him, no player is bigger than club. & to think he used to be the captain with an attitude like that??. Surely having him around with an attitude like that is bad for morale. I think club needs to get what it can for him & move on.

He was definitely set up BUT he should of handled his reply much better

Agree, he could have handled it much better.

No doubt he wants to move on and at least double his wages etc, but even with our precarious situation I wouldn’t be surprised if the powers that be also want to cash in.

Just think there is a better way for this to be sorted for both parties but not surprised with the way it is all turning out. Just a shambles all round.

Nelson was “gone” from the very first kick of the ball this season. He was never going to stay because we can’t match his ambitions. The next move is the big one for him, probably to the championship and all the money that comes with it. Despite all that I would never question his attitude this season because I think he has been very good in what has been mostly rubbish.
If you are hard nosed though in the commercial world the decision should have been taken last summer to sell him while he still had a value. To me you shouldn’t let an asset like him run his contract down and walk away for nothing.

Nelson is doing the same as Dunkley. Which is understandable. There are far bigger teams out there that can afford to double any contract offer that we might make.

If there is an offer to sell in January, I believe we should take it. It would be a big loss but I have faith that Raglan can do a decent job and we might be able to sign the elusive left footed Centre Back to add a better balance to the back four.

Nelson is doing the same as Dunkley. Which is understandable. There are far bigger teams out there that can afford to double any contract offer that we might make.

If there is an offer to sell in January, I believe we should take it. It would be a big loss but I have faith that Raglan can do a decent job and we might be able to sign the elusive left footed Centre Back to add a better balance to the back four.

The same Raglan who couldn’t get a regular start in a struggling Port Vale team in l2 last season and couldn’t attract a new club despite being on a free in the summer!?!

The same Raglan who couldn’t get a regular start in a struggling Port Vale team in l2 last season and couldn’t attract a new club despite being on a free in the summer!?!
Not true.
Raglan signed a 2 year contract in June 2017. Runs out this summer 2019!!

Last edited:
Well, if we get a substantial offer take it, otherwise he stays to help us fight relegation and then leaves with our thanks when we finish 19th.

Not true.
Raglan signed a 2 year contract in June 2017. Runs out this summer 2019!!

Irrelevant. He was free to any club who’d take over his contract, just like Obika was. Sadly, we didn’t get any takers so they remain. He’ll be gone when that deal runs out.

Robert Huth is out of contract and looking for a club. Just saying..

Irrelevant. He was free to any club who’d take over his contract, just like Obika was. Sadly, we didn’t get any takers so they remain. He’ll be gone when that deal runs out.
Not so!! You said he was"on a free" which technically wasn't correct.
I agree he'll be gone in the summer though.

Well, if we get a substantial offer take it, otherwise he stays to help us fight relegation and then leaves with our thanks when we finish 19th.
His head has been turned we don’t want players with that type of attitude it has a negatively be affect on the pitch.

Torn about this one. If I heard that attitude as manager he wouldn't play for me again. But without him we are exponentially weaker. And yet is his heart in it? And does his attitude have an effect on others?

Questions, questions!

Back
Top Bottom