Nelson & Hall

Yellows1

Any news on these two with improved contract offers? - The way it’s going we won’t have any quality players left?

I have a bad feeling about the future of the Admiral at OUFC. Hally will commit.

Hall has had long term injury issues so we have been good to him. KR has given him a chance to finish playing with a manager who knows him and will use him in his preferred role. A no brainer to re-sign! Nelson is a tough one. Been injured, played a few games since, are we going to get a chunky offer until he is fit? We dont want to sell in January and every game he plays he becomes less valuable if he wont re-sign a contract. IMO he shouldnt be captain if he isnt going to commit and we cant afford an opportunity cost of £1-2m versus selling him now/him going free next year. KR needs a team on 3 year deals to be able to challenge. Both came back from horrible injuries so I wonder how much Proctor to BCFC will have a say?

If I was in their mindset (that is, an ambitious professional footballer with no true ties to the club), I'd be waiting until further into the pre-season. The contract offer is going to be there until the end of next season, barring catastrophic injury, and I'd want to see how the squad is shaping up closer to the start of the season. Have my agent see just how much provisional interest there is in me anyway.

It’s a simple problem just put yourself in his position and you have the answer.
It started off well for Nelson. But but we just had a terrible season. KR has only just steadied the ship.
I’m sure if the club show the ambition to play at the same level Nelson is capable of playing at he will sign. If it’s languishing in a mid to low table league 1 he’ll be long gone.

There is always the issue of player value, we don’t see how well Nelson has recovered from his injury, he was used sparingly ore season, had a bit of a shocker at Barnsley so maybe the club new value him less than before and the money on the table is borderline to Nelson, because they see him in training it might be the case they want to move him out as he’s not the player he was, I’ve no idea if or what the situation with him is but the delay makes me think the goal posts have been moved post injury.

Just like Ledson and Rothwell, Nelson has aspirations of playing at a higher level. It wouldn't surprise me if the bids we turned down this summer was for Nelson. If you were Nelson, why would you want to sign a new 2/3 year deal (at the prime age of 25) with a mid table league one club when a championship club will come knocking?

Just like Ledson and Rothwell, Nelson has aspirations of playing at a higher level. It wouldn't surprise me if the bids we turned down this summer was for Nelson. If you were Nelson, why would you want to sign a new 2/3 year deal (at the prime age of 25) with a mid table league one club when a championship club will come knocking?

Works both ways though, maybe it’s time to ship him out and get a replacement as at the moment situation isn’t helping OUFC and that’s all I care about.

Can't really blame Nelson for backing himself.
If he plays well this season, he'll likely get picked up by (or transferred to) a Championship team. So better league and bigger wages.

Course if he plays like he did on Saturday all season long and/or gets injured again, then he might find himself scrambling to get a deal that's as good as the one that's (presumably) on the table now. He's taking a risk - but, as I say, hard to criticise a player for banking on his own ability.

Hall you might have thought would have thought long and hard about a new contract (if there is indeed one on the table) just because he's found it so difficult to stay on the pitch over the course of a full season......

Back
Top Bottom