Neil Merritt

Far too young Steve, sympathy to you and extended family.

R.I.P. Neil

Very sorry to hear of your sad loss at a young age. Always an Oxford United fan and memories always treasured.
Rest in peace

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss

I knew your Dad Neil (Fergie) from around the age of 5, maybe less
We both used to go to The Manor with your grandad Bill in the days of the southern league pre floodlights
I guess that is when we both acquired our love of Football and OUFC
We both lived in the same village in the same road and attended the same schools
I will not go into too many details with regards to the various scrapes we got into, sufficed to say that your dad did not retreat in the face of advesity!
Yes correct - he did not like Swindon, all very healthy
I can see he had kept the tradition going of introducing family to the cause, as indeed I have - all three of my sons are supporters
All I can say is that it was a honour and pleasure to have known your Dad

Mickle Way Mafia

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss

I knew your Dad Neil (Fergie) from around the age of 5, maybe less
We both used to go to The Manor with your grandad Bill in the days of the southern league pre floodlights
I guess that is when we both acquired our love of Football and OUFC
We both lived in the same village in the same road and attended the same schools
I will not go into too many details with regards to the various scrapes we got into, sufficed to say that your dad did not retreat in the face of advesity!
Yes correct - he did not like Swindon, all very healthy
I can see he had kept the tradition going of introducing family to the cause, as indeed I have - all three of my sons are supporters
All I can say is that it was a honour and pleasure to have known your Dad

Mickle Way Mafia
Thanks for the post, good to read that. Forest Hill Boys ☺

So sorry to read this. I grew up in Forest Hill and knew Neil well when we were kids. My deepest sympathies to the family. RIP

I was from down the other end of the village (lived there from the age of 1) ... Never knew there were so many Forest Hill boys on here!

Back
Top Bottom