National News National Lockdown coming

Hearing Oxford will be in T3 by the end of the week, poss by Tuesday.

A patient update from the JR says Oxford is on the brink of T3 kinda backs this up.

Is it local government that make this decision?

A patient update from the JR says Oxford is on the brink of T3 kinda backs this up.

No it's the government. A while back local Head of Public Health (?)and council leaders wanted us to move up a tier and the government, lobbied by the local Tory MPs, decided against it.

No it's the government. A while back local Head of Public Health (?)and council leaders wanted us to move up a tier and the government, lobbied by the local Tory MPs, decided against it.
But then allowed us into T3 a few weeks later?

The border has to fall somewhere.
I live in tier 2 less than a mile from a tier 4 area so what do they do, make it a tier 3 for a mile as a buffer then down to tier 2? Of course not.
Gov.uk has plenty of information about how the tiers are decided and includes hospital capacity and positive case trends in age groups , it’s all there to read and has been for months, but why let facts get in the way of a misinformed forum discussion?
The problem is tier 4 residents less than a mile from you could pop over for a so called substantial meal and a few pints and then pop back again

My Daughter a season ticket holder like myself lives near Farnham Surrey just gone in to tier 4, yet Aldershot 7/8 mins away is in tier 2. the Hampshire / Surrey border split by the M3 , just doesnt make sense, understand the reasons behind it with the virus spreading in that part of the country, but i do think they have taken things too far without thinking much about the expense people have already paid out getting stuff in for the families for Christmas.
Couldn’t agree more. I live in Yateley and my brother lives two miles away in Sandhurst. They’re in T4 and us in T2.
I can teach in Yateley, but all my other students I now have to turn away. Thanks Boris for making late decisions that affect so many people. A mark of this government, late calls and indecision

I see it that Boris wanted everyone to have a good Christmas to give us some hope after the s**t year, but unfortunately couldn't happen.

Couldn’t agree more. I live in Yateley and my brother lives two miles away in Sandhurst. They’re in T4 and us in T2.
I can teach in Yateley, but all my other students I now have to turn away. Thanks Boris for making late decisions that affect so many people. A mark of this government, late calls and indecision
My daughter lives in Tongham, primary school teacher in a school near Heathrow

We have streets down here where 1 half of the street is tier 4 and the other half tier 2. So the residents in the tier 2 end of the street can go to the pub for a beer and substantial meal, but the residents in the other half of the street can’t. Down here it is that localised. It wouldn’t of been so bad if they just said the whole PO post code was tier 4 and not just bits of it. Pissed off or what. They use the excuse that it’s to protect the QA Hospital, but all of PO use it not just bits of it.

I live in Blackwater but my nearest pub is actually in Sandhurst but that’s obviously shut now, my missus family are all local but split between tier 2 and 4, going to be a strange Xmas.

I was shopping in the meadows when this was announced, it was quietish when I went in but queues when I left as I am guessing people rushed out when they heard the news.

Bit annoyed that I did some Xmas shopping in Farnborough today and left Camberley part till tomorrow, got to trek down to Basingstoke now to finish up rather than a mile and a half up the road.

I see it that Boris wanted everyone to have a good Christmas to give us some hope after the s**t year, but unfortunately couldn't happen.
i see it as was always the plan, mention 5 days let the shops still sell then shut down

i see it as was always the plan, mention 5 days let the shops still sell then shut down

That thought had crossed my mind as well, but it’s probably to clever for Johnson, I thought he came across terribly, seemed like he couldn’t wait to get off and be somewhere else.

The problem is tier 4 residents less than a mile from you could pop over for a so called substantial meal and a few pints and then pop back again
And if the selfish pricks decide to ignore the rules that are in place to protect everyone then they would deserve everything they get. No excuses.
Follow the rules, it’s not that difficult.

That would mean no fans on Boxing Day! What's your source?

Back
Top Bottom