National News National Lockdown coming

Maybe the students should have contacted someone before committing criminal damage? Or shown some consideration/understanding that the fencing was as much for their own protection as anything else?

They are supposed to be intelligent.

Maybe they shouldn't have been fenced in like that which is a ridiculous idea.

Does anyone think that we'll realistically be out of the lockdown at the start of December? I've seen that Rishi Sunak has extended the Furlough scheme until next March. I'm not really sure that the rate of infection will come down enough in the next 4 weeks to satisfy them, given that schools are open this time etc.

I also saw that, given we started in March, it would be an entire year of the state paying 80% of the wages of millions in the UK. Crazy to think what's happened!
I have Themis feeling that come the 2nd December Boris will extend the lockdown for a further 2 weeks and hope to be in a position to ease us out of lockdown in time for Xmas, but probably when the universities open in January we may go back to what we’ve witnessed in the last 6 weeks with the rate of infections at the colleges.

Maybe they shouldn't have been fenced in like that which is a ridiculous idea.
The fences were put up around the outside of the campus, with security checks on the way in, and between blocks.
While they did not prevent students from entering or exiting the campus, they did bar passage between the different blocks of halls.

Because said students were mingling when they shouldn`t have been......... no different to keep left in shopping centres, keeping 2 metres away from folk... if people don`t do it it gets enforced or we all suffer the consequences.

The fences were put up around the outside of the campus, with security checks on the way in, and between blocks.
While they did not prevent students from entering or exiting the campus, they did bar passage between the different blocks of halls.

Because said students were mingling when they shouldn`t have been......... no different to keep left in shopping centres, keeping 2 metres away from folk... if people don`t do it it gets enforced or we all suffer the consequences.

So if non students do the same and mingle etc then fences should be put up around where they live with security guards as well I assume.

So if non students do the same and mingle etc then fences should be put up around where they live with security guards as well I assume.

Yep.
And snipers............lots of snipers.

I have a list of things that would get people popped off ..........

Spitting in the street.
Littering.
Stopping in box junctions and cycle lanes.
Parking on and obstructing footpaths/pavements.

And other such anti-social behaviour. :)

Detecting a theme here..................

"Uni" privilege.... feckwits.
To be fair they're going to be paying for all this and if I was in my 1st year at uni surrounded by fit girls and told to stay in my room for a few months...

Not saying its right but its actually shitter for them than most, these are supposed to be the best years of their lives.

• React
Reactions: m
Just on lunchtime news on TV.... Bojo 'isn't ruling out national lockdown3' in Jan - from very early Jan, or even late Dec

did anyone really think the 5 day lifting of restrictions for Christmas,- ( which has already resulted in the country being reduced to tiers! ) -wouldn't require some kind of payback?

Just on lunchtime news on TV.... Bojo 'isn't ruling out national lockdown3' in Jan - from very early Jan, or even late Dec

did anyone really think the 5 day lifting of restrictions for Christmas,- ( which has already resulted in the country being reduced to tiers! ) -wouldn't require some kind of payback?

Probably the least surprising news of the day.

Sorry nev, as a fellow sandgroper I’m going to ask the mods to stop you from spamming the forum with posts of videos that you can’t even be arsed to comment on.
The first 3 mins of this vid is a perfectly reasonable (if shallow) description of what led to the GFC. The stuff in the next couple of minutes is garbage, and then I’ve stopped listening (if you don’t like that then persuade me why I should listen).
If you’ve got something to say, say it and use evidence to back up your thoughts, but don’t expect everyone else to open their throats and swallow, because your fellow forum readers deserve better than that.

Sorry nev, as a fellow sandgroper I’m going to ask the mods to stop you from spamming the forum with posts of videos that you can’t even be arsed to comment on.
The first 3 mins of this vid is a perfectly reasonable (if shallow) description of what led to the GFC. The stuff in the next couple of minutes is garbage, and then I’ve stopped listening (if you don’t like that then persuade me why I should listen).
If you’ve got something to say, say it and use evidence to back up your thoughts, but don’t expect everyone else to open their throats and swallow, because your fellow forum readers deserve better than that.
A few indisputable facts linked together with conspiracy theory BS.

I wonder if the schools will be kept closed for longer (than the planned one week extra) given the increasing evidence that they play a big part in the rising numbers or just the same old pubs, restaurants, gyms etc?

I wonder if the schools will be kept closed for longer (than the planned one week extra) given the increasing evidence that they play a big part in the rising numbers or just the same old pubs, restaurants, gyms etc?
Where are you finding that evidence? I can only find the opposite, for example...

Looking like a new Tier 4 for London, Southeast and the East with a "stay at home" message, possibly back by law, so Christmas there will be cancelled as Christmas Bubbles will only be allowed in tiers 1-3.

Oxfordshire is classed as South East, but we are in T3, would these new restrictions apply to us?
Oxon is ( currently) still in tier 2 @Eaststandboy .... depends on who is applying the geography as to what regional area Oxon is regarded as being in .... technically ( and in reality), Oxon is South Midlands (IMO)

Oxon is ( currently) still in tier 2 @Eaststandboy .... depends on who is applying the geography as to what regional area Oxon is regarded as being in .... technically ( and in reality), Oxon is South Midlands (IMO)
Edited whilst you were posting.

But in any planning thing we are south east?

Back
Top Bottom