Ex Player Nathan Holland

like the idea of that @Neville60

Problem is the arrogant PL ( & some Champ') clubs cant be arsed to develop 'their own' , theyd rather loan em out to lower league L1 /L2 ( such as OUFC), contacting into the loan, that 'their' loanees must play, then when any promise is shown, generally cash in on em.... I blame the spinelessly weak FA for allowing the son to degenerate the way it has

During the mid 80s when the U's were in the top flight, pre PL, Squad sizes and youngsters on various club books wernt too dissimilar across the 4 leagues in English football, granted some of the usual suspects had a few more on their books back then, but it wasnt ridiculous the way it is now... and what has changed in the interim? the advent of the PL- and the FA turning into a bunch of eunuchs :mad:

I agree Sarge, I did say a while back that they higher leagues should be restricted on squad levels and academy levels. The amount of players on their books is ridiculous. I would hazard a guess that a lot of kids would do better staying away from Prem league academy's if they wish to progress, the lower league clubs are more likely to show more individual support instead of treating them as a conveyor belt system. The upper league should be penalised/prosecuted for restricting the lower league from being able to advance to a higher league because of their monopoly of youth and the loan system.

Available for "as little as £2 million" - rumour

And some belittle the loan system!! We have a player valued at £2m with us for a fraction of his weekly wage, and who's performances and goals could bring us promotion! Looks like a pretty good system to me.

And some belittle the loan system!! We have a player valued at £2m with us for a fraction of his weekly wage, and who's performances and goals could bring us promotion! Looks like a pretty good system to me.

To be fair a lot of his £2m value is for his potential rather than his current performance level...

You make a very valid point but the flip is it's clear we cannot ever sign such players on a permanent and my views are well known..it's meant to be Oxford United not an Oxford United 11-----= feeder club.

If we can squeeze into the championship it would be great to sign Holland permanently.
if we don’t go up he might well be championship bound either with West Ham or another.

“The on-loan West Ham winger’s worst fears were confirmed this week...

If a hamstring injury is someone’s “worst fear”, they really are doing OK in life!

Hope he gets back to full fitness for next season. Will always remember the Toon goal, although I did find his end product a little lacking at times. Am sure that will develop as he gets more experience in the future however.

Unfortunate for the lad and wish a him a full recovery.

Not good for us so good that Ben Woodburn is back. More chances for Dan Agyei to press a claim.

Back
Top Bottom