General Nathan Holland goes back

Thats worrying. I wonder if we’ll lose all of our loan players for the play-offs? (If they actually happen..) Holland will be a miss but Im looking forward to see what young Kyran Lofthouse can do. Cometh the hour and all that.
Could be to save money our end of course.

I wasn’t expecting him to be back this season anyway so no real surprise, may have only just been fit enough for cameos off the bench by the sounds of it. Would be happy to see him return in the future if possible.

it would be nice to hear some more news in regards to the other loan players, what’s happening with OOC players and the difficult situation Matty Taylor is in.

How does the furlough scheme work for loan players? We decided to furlough our players, but West Ham didn't.

How does the furlough scheme work for loan players? We decided to furlough our players, but West Ham didn't.
We would have furloughed our share I would imagine.

Still worried about my beloved Matthew. He’s out of contract in a few weeks so his loan can’t be extended as he won’t have a parent club.

Still worried about my beloved Matthew. He’s out of contract in a few weeks so his loan can’t be extended as he won’t have a parent club.

Yes me too. If he’s going to play for us again then we need to get a permanent deal done soon.

We would have furloughed our share I would imagine.

He could sign a month to month with us then to finish the season if he wanted to play to the end.

He could sign a month to month with us then to finish the season if he wanted to play to the end.

Can’t see him agreeing to that. Risking injury and potentially missing out on a decent contract. He’s 30 with a young family and won’t be short of interested clubs. I’d like to think the club will do all they can to keep him permanently.

Shame Holland is going back - but given his injury and the lack of any 'pre-season' before/if any games end up being played, entirely sensible. I think he's probably got a bright future in the game and wish him luck. That last minute goal against Newcastle will live long in the memory.

Can’t see him agreeing to that. Risking injury and potentially missing out on a decent contract. He’s 30 with a young family and won’t be short of interested clubs. I’d like to think the club will do all they can to keep him permanently.
The uncertainty currently surrounding the game and its finances might work in our favour. If we can afford and have offered him something he might jump at the security of that over something that may or may not materialise over the summer..?

Yes me too. If he’s going to play for us again then we need to get a permanent deal done soon.
If only he hadnt lost his pen at just the moment he was about to ink that 3 year deal scotchers told us he was itching to sign.

If only he hadnt lost his pen at just the moment he was about to ink that 3 year deal scotchers told us he was itching to sign.
Indeed. And he may not now get the contract offer that was on the table 6 months ago. That's the gamble.

Nathan Holland was never going to return this season. There were concerns about his hamstrings that didn't only need recovery time, but a slow and gentle preseason that would have allowed him to be fully ready for a season in league football rather than youth football he'd been used to.

Back
Top Bottom