Napa returns from Macc

Has anyone heard anything about Napa since he's returned?

Quoted as having a chest injury somewhere. Taking that into account alongside some of his social media activity, I do wonder if there has been a health problem. Could well be adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 though.

Last outing for Macc was a sub appearance on Jan 1st, prior to that was 4th Dec in Checkatrade, not played regularlly since October

Was one of the highlights of last season. Looked like a player with a lot of potential.

I do hope Napa gets a chance. As others have said this chap as a lot of potential. Good luck Napa.
I am not sure that the Macclesfield loan did him.any favours. It appears that he hardly pulled up any trees. The loan I guess was for him to develop play games score some goals and stand out in a lower Division.
Like many I had high hopes for him.bit suspect that he needs to really kick on to have a chance

Hopefully he is involved in the Abomination Trophy game on Tuesday.

Won't he be cup tied if he played for Macclesfield in December? Of course I'm assuming "normal" rules apply in the Shaun Harvey make-it-up-as-you-go-along trophy.

Won't he be cup tied if he played for Macclesfield in December? Of course I'm assuming "normal" rules apply in the Shaun Harvey make-it-up-as-you-go-along trophy.

Good point although as you say who knows with the variable rules of the competition.

I am not sure that the Macclesfield loan did him.any favours. It appears that he hardly pulled up any trees. The loan I guess was for him to develop play games score some goals and stand out in a lower Division.
Like many I had high hopes for him.bit suspect that he needs to really kick on to have a chance
To be fair he was out injured for nearly half of it.

Macc fans were saying they played very direct football whilst Napa was there which obviously doesn't suit him.

Macc fans were saying they played very direct football whilst Napa was there which obviously doesn't suit him.

which is often the way when players are farmed out for game time and experience..... bit like Smith at Oxford for example!

Which does raise the question regarding the real 'value' of punting young assets out on loan, if where they are sent either dont utilise said asset to maximise their abilities or elect to play said asset out of position? .... if their overall game, fitness and experience is enhanced by going out on loan the loan is worthwhile, Id think that worthwhile loans in terms of player development, are, in comparison to ones that are not so good for players loaned out considerably lower in terms of success

Good point although as you say who knows with the variable rules of the competition.
To comfirm, he has played in the competition for Macc + you’re not allowed to play for more than one team per season:
7.13 No Player may play for more than one Club in the Competition in any one Season.

To comfirm, he has played in the competition for Macc + you’re not allowed to play for more than one team per season:
7.13 No Player may play for more than one Club in the Competition in any one Season.

in general, unless the loan is for an entire season, to me it would make sense to include in the loan agreement (involving OUFC players) a clause that prohibits the loanee playing in any cup ( Fa cup, League Cup and, as much as it pains me to say, purely because owners n management view it as worthwhile (for the £ if nothing else? ) the Shaun Harvey checkatrade experimental trophy) competition that OUFC are involved in. Which, given the injuries/ small squad this campaign, would allow the likes of a returned from loan Napa, the opportunity, if selected,to play for his (parent) club in the aforementioned competitions?

Cheers.

This still assumes Shaun Harvey hasn't changed the rules and just not bothered to make it public. :)

Cheers.

This still assumes Shaun Harvey hasn't changed the rules and just not bothered to make it public. :)
correct ...and the only person who will know if Shaun Harvey has (again) changed the rules for his S.H.I.T. competition is, Shaun Harvey himself!

Back
Top Bottom