Napa returns from Macc

n1

Loan ended. Confirmed on the Macclesfield website.

Not sure he was getting game time there, Sol probably still has his a**e in hand about not getting the Oxford job ?

The last time I saw him was at Blackburn, and thought “this kid needs to go into the gym and bulk up a bit”. He was nudged off the ball to easily, and couldn’t have an impact on the game.

If he’s done that, then I think there is time to develop is game, and work to his strengths.

Anyone know how he did there?

Seems we have a fair few promising young lads which is positive.

Anyone know how he did there?

Seems we have a fair few promising young lads which is positive.
I am not sure whether he has been injured or whether Sol C didn't rate him. He hasn't even been on the bench recently.
He seemed to start there well but faded.

The last time I saw him was at Blackburn, and thought “this kid needs to go into the gym and bulk up a bit”. He was nudged off the ball to easily, and couldn’t have an impact on the game.

If he’s done that, then I think there is time to develop is game, and work to his strengths.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

Skilful alone won’t cut it. You need to compete physically which doesn’t mean being a 6’ lumbering oaf but being able to use your body to compete or wriggle out of situations. Jermain Defoe would be a good example of a player who was never going to compete physically but is tough enough to be very competitive.

Napa needs to do the same. It's worth noting that COD was skin and bones when he made his debut and he filled out fairly swiftly.

It was my belief that this loan was only until January anyway, and that the new boss would probably want to bring his own players in. Would rather have Napa on the bench than Lopes or Spasov.

Last edited:
Hasn't he been injured anyhow..hope he gets up to speed with us soon

Pretty much my thoughts too.

Skilful alone won’t cut it. You need to compete physically which doesn’t mean being a 6’ lumbering oaf but being able to use your body to compete or wriggle out of situations. Jermain Defoe would be a good example of a player who was never going to compete physically but is tough enough to be very competitive.

Napa needs to do the same. It's worth noting that COD was skin and bones when he made his debut and he filled out fairly swiftly.
It took COD a year after his debut. He played at Charlton in the League Cup with Ryan Williams. COD looked very lightweight.
A year or so later he had bulked up.
Some supporters seem.to think that we should simply throw the younger players in now.
In my view it us not a good idea until they are ready. Baptiste has proved that he is.
Napa if good enough should be more ready for first team football than Bradbury, Spasov and Lopes

It was my belief that this loan was only until January anyway, and that the new boss would probably want to being his own players in. Would rather have Napa on the bench than Lopes or Spasov.

No reason why can’t have all 3 as all offer something different.

Napa played sole striker at Charlton away in Feb and we won. So there is always the chance it could happen again.

I guess it’s the two clubs rejigging their budgets, we’ve sent a couple out and spent part of the money on getting Napa back, and Macc can now get someone a bit older in to bolster them

No reason why can’t have all 3 as all offer something different.

I really meant it in the sense that one of those three is more likely than the others to come off the bench and have some impact in a league game.

Back
Top Bottom