Ex Player Napa farmed out

I think it is good news..

Shows he is progressing, Hampton & Richmond last year and now Macclesfield. No point him sitting on our bench getting splinters...

• React
Reactions: Ian
Good move I reckon, sign him up and see what he can do hopefully on a more regular basis, toughen him up so to speak, then come back and show us what he has learnt.

He needs a good few months of regular first team action to toughen him up a bit, and the fact it will be in the Football League is ideal. It also shows he's a grade above our past youngsters who have gone to Oxford City and the like - he's going to be playing against teams like Notts County, Lincoln, Carlisle etc. Proper competitive teams in proper grounds. This is a loan that very much suggests he's being given the experience he needs but that we can't currently offer him. Throw in the new three year contract and clearly this isn't aimed at getting rid of him.

Signing a new three-year contract is precisely the opposite of "goodbye" isn't it? Or are we hoping to sell him?
maybe .... how many of our home grown youngsters, irrespective of length of contract theyre on in recent seasons have been loaned out, and subsequently return and make a massive impact on the first team? ..... few thats for certain.... Ashby, highly rated , now offloaded to 'city, Roberts, farmed out to a few now clubless (with an idiot agent) thats two of many examples .... Im cynical of this recent time B*****s about loan them out to get game time , we have both a youth team AND now the U23 squad so instead of farming assets out why not develop them in house? .... he, Napa , would be ideal in U23 with squad appearances in the first team , especially when injuries and suspensions take their toll..... instead let a different manager , with different ideas and ideals misuse his abilities, yeah thats a brilliant idea isnt it?

Seems a good deal to me he needs first team game time however if the back end of last season is anything to go by we need better now. I am one of Nappa's biggest fans he just needs experience and to bulk up this deal means we keep him after macclesfield get to develop him. I think he is a great prospect If we were loaning him out without extending his contract then i would be worried now i am less so.

maybe .... how many of our home grown youngsters, irrespective of length of contract theyre on in recent seasons have been loaned out, and subsequently return and make a massive impact on the first team? ..... few thats for certain.... Ashby, highly rated , now offloaded to 'city, Roberts, farmed out to a few now clubless (with an idiot agent) thats two of many examples .... Im cynical of this recent time B*****s about loan them out to get game time , we have both a youth team AND now the U23 squad so instead of farming assets out why not develop them in house? .... he, Napa , would be ideal in U23 with squad appearances in the first team , especially when injuries and suspensions take their toll..... instead let a different manager , with different ideas and ideals misuse his abilities, yeah thats a brilliant idea isnt it?
Oh P**s off. Regular game time in League 2 is a lot more beneficial then an U23 game,The U23 is about getting players ready for first team football,The fact Napa has been loaned out to a league 2 side suggests he is ahead of the U23s in development but not quite ready for first team and this is backed by the fact he'll be playing in a harder set of games then what the development squad will. Aslong as Robinsons here Napa will be as well.

Jesus, get a grip :ROFLMAO:

why have a new u23 set up to develop players in house, then farm em out ?

...a practice in recent seasons that has not yet resulted in a player OUFC have farmed out on loan coming 'home' and subsequently made a major impact on our first team.... I genuinely hope to be proved wrong and assets loaned out do indeed come back and establish themselves in the first team.... aint holding me breath on that, as its not happened yet with ANY player OUFC have loaned out so far!

Oh P**s off. Regular game time in League 2 is a lot more beneficial then an U23 game,The U23 is about getting players ready for first team football,The fact Napa has been loaned out to a league 2 side suggests he is ahead of the U23s in development but not quite ready for first team and this is backed by the fact he'll be playing in a harder set of games then what the development squad will. Aslong as Robinsons here Napa will be as well.

Afternoon @RCYellowRC .... think ill avoid your invitation to P**s off, assumdly for having a different opinion to you? , but thanks for the invitation anyway ;)
adressing the non personal element of you overview, which, I have a different view of ... if, as you say U23 is about getting players ready for first team, Napa has already featured in our first team a few times, ...while hes out playing under another manager, being instructed to play to said managers ideas, ideals and tactics, as well as that particular clubs style of play, hes not (until January the earliest) availible to play for our first team....

then theres the out of sight out of mind scenario ...if said asset, playing as instructed by a different manager/ coach isnt pulling trees up at the level theyre playing at!

Personally I dont like the loan system utilised by lower league sides..... where would Kevin Brock, Joey Beauchamp, Any Thomas and many other home grown OUFC local lads have ended up if theydve been loaned out instead of nurtured in the reserve... now the incoming U23s ...and then eased into the first team? ...probably playing for Thame United, thats where (no slight intended to Thame united btw)... you @RCYellowRC evidently are a big fan of the loan system in lower leagues, Im not...I can agree to disagree ...can you?;)

@Sarge, players that fail to impress in lower leagues are unlikely to be kept on and tested in our first team (though Baptiste did well in Ireland)

Napa however, while not scoring/creating in the league last year, impressed Robinson. While we have great options on loan, he won't get much men's football, and U23s don't offer that.

Macclesfield will be grateful to have him and Kelleher at their disposal, and he will get a run of games to build confidence and hopefully grab some goals.

If he's effective at this level, he could be one for the future. If not, like you say, he could go the way of so many other youngsters. But we won't know until he's given the opportunity.

@Sarge, players that fail to impress in lower leagues are unlikely to be kept on and tested in our first team (though Baptiste did well in Ireland)

Napa however, while not scoring/creating in the league last year, impressed Robinson. While we have great options on loan, he won't get much men's football, and U23s don't offer that.

Macclesfield will be grateful to have him and Kelleher at their disposal, and he will get a run of games to build confidence and hopefully grab some goals.

If he's effective at this level, he could be one for the future. If not, like you say, he could go the way of so many other youngsters. But we won't know until he's given the opportunity.
Fair comment @beyondthefourth .... and well made point(s) too :)

We'd still be in league 2 if it wasn't for the loan system. Unless Tyrone Marsh and Aaron Woodley would have been better than Roofe, Graham, Baldock etc.

• React
Reactions: Ian
When we get loanees from the championship, we're worried that they'll do well and get recalled to play regularly at a higher level.

When it comes to our players, we never seem to have those worries...

We'd still be in league 2 if it wasn't for the loan system. Unless Tyrone Marsh and Aaron Woodley would have been better than Roofe, Graham, Baldock etc.
loans from Prem/ Championship squads is IMO vastly different to L1/L2 players being loaned out

Very decent point @Whingit ...... also worth considering Roofe was eventually sold to us, and sold on to Leeds, George Baldock was recalled (early) by MK and was subsequently sold on to Sheffield utd, Jordan Graham has spent most of his (injury blighted) career out on loan....albeit currently(?) back at wolves... therefore none of those three players loaned to us have firmly established themselves as an integral cog in the first team at their respective parent clubs, though all were excellent for OUFC....... maybe the current liking with some managers/coaches for the loan system will begin to bear fruit in the future?..... the way I see it ,as it stands, theres been far, far more failures than successes (granted there have been a few higher league loanees who have benifited), its especially not worked well for lower league (L1/L2) players loaned out . I hope it does change., and for the better, gotta say I DO like to see our own local lads coming through the ranks to establish themselves in the first team :)

Afternoon @RCYellowRC .... think ill avoid your invitation to P**s off, assumdly for having a different opinion to you? , but thanks for the invitation anyway ;)
adressing the non personal element of you overview, which, I have a different view of ... if, as you say U23 is about getting players ready for first team, Napa has already featured in our first team a few times, ...while hes out playing under another manager, being instructed to play to said managers ideas, ideals and tactics, as well as that particular clubs style of play, hes not (until January the earliest) availible to play for our first team....

then theres the out of sight out of mind scenario ...if said asset, playing as instructed by a different manager/ coach isnt pulling trees up at the level theyre playing at!

Personally I dont like the loan system utilised by lower league sides..... where would Kevin Brock, Joey Beauchamp, Any Thomas and many other home grown OUFC local lads have ended up if theydve been loaned out instead of nurtured in the reserve... now the incoming U23s ...and then eased into the first team? ...probably playing for Thame United, thats where (no slight intended to Thame united btw)... you @RCYellowRC evidently are a big fan of the loan system in lower leagues, Im not...I can agree to disagree ...can you?;)

As an aside, Joey Beauchamp did go out on loan to Swansea.

Back
Top Bottom