Name the Oxford players -1980

1979 I won the top prize, which was a massive fiver, in the Sunday People 'Top That' competition for being their only reader who knew that Joe Cooke was UK Football's first black Club Captain. [Or at least their only reader who knew that and bothered to enter their competition].
Came to us as a striker and we converted him to a pretty decent centre back.

yellowbow

I love that home shirt, really evokes nostalgia as it was while they were wearing it that I started supporting. My dad finally succeeded in persuading me to support my local team instead of supporting Liverpool, after I started going along to watch live football I never looked back, my blood turned yellow and blue. I remember the likes of Cooke, Jeffrey, Hodgson, Fogg, Taylor and also the emergence of Brock. Great memories..

yellowbow

When did Keith Cassells sign for us? Remember him being one of my first Oxford heroes. Him and Foley tearing Brighton a new one in an FA cup game. Think we won 3-0..?

Kevin Brock scored his first United goals in 1980 - his first was against Swindon at the Manor.

He was a very talented youngster who came into the team when it was really struggling.

When did Keith Cassells sign for us? Remember him being one of my first Oxford heroes. Him and Foley tearing Brighton a new one in an FA cup game. Think we won 3-0..?
Was that the cup game where we were under the floodlights, and it was a battlefield after the game all over that park?

About 1980?
He was a great player for us. Scored loads in the old Div 3.
I remember being extremely pd off when we sold him to Southampton for about £150k. We also got one of Southampton's cast offs as part of the deal.......Trevor Hebberd! So it worked out quite well for us in the end.....

About 1980?
He was a great player for us. Scored loads in the old Div 3.
I remember being extremely pd off when we sold him to Southampton for about £150k. But we also got one of Southampton's cast offs as part of the deal.......Trevor Hebberd! So it worked out quite well for us in the end.....

Top Bottom